If you are living in Los Angeles and already working as an accounting professional or if you are interested in one of the many accounting related careers available to those with the proper education and training, you may want to look further into securing a bookkeeping certification. Like any line of work, the field of accounting and bookkeeping can be a challenging job market to crack and getting a leg up on the competition with a bookkeeping certificate could be just the edge that you and your career are looking for.
The median salary for bookkeeping clerks working in the city of Los Angeles was $39,400 in 2013 which ranks extremely well for positions not requiring a four year degree at point of career entry. Sounds great but you’d like to learn more? Below we’ll detail some of what bookkeeping and accounting clerks do and the type of training you can expect to find along the way.
Bookkeeper Training – What you’ll need to know
The training required for the field of bookkeepers can be extensive. But if you’re looking to do it get your foot in the door, then your best will always be to start with some basic courses to prepare for certification.
Whether the course was completed in high school or at a local college, the bulk of those doing the hiring will be looking for those who have already taken courses in math, economics, English, and some general accounting classes.
If you’re already working as a bookkeeper and are looking to complete your bookkeeping certification, there are a few basic requirements you will want to complete before you are set to take you exam. If you’re interested in learning more about these requirements and they can be met, you can do so by checking out the certification requirements section on our main page.
What You Will Learn in a Bookkeeping Diploma Program
A bookkeeping certification program can be completed quickly (usually in three months or less) and will leave the student with an understanding of general accounting principles. While curriculums will always differ from institution to institution, these programs will always go far to prepare graduates for a variety of bookkeeping career paths. Among these are accounts payable/receivable clerk, payroll clerk, billing clerk and many more.
A bookkeeping diploma program will typically include courses in:
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Records Management
- Computerized Accounting
- General Business Courses
What Bookkeepers Do
Companies of all shapes and sizes are in business usually for one primary reason: to gather wealth. Long story short, there’s really no other reason for a business to exist if this first condition is not met. So when a business is successful and that money does finally start rolling, someone has to be there to tend to the books. If you’re interested in the field of bookkeeping and accounting, then that someone could be you.
No matter how big or small, organizations will always need someone to track the financial transactions of the business. These transactions can typically include the sales and purchases a company will make, incoming receipts and outgoing payments made by the organization, or any number of day-to-day financial interactions in which the organization engages.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited Bookkeeping programs in the Los Angeles area you can get started by using the search feature located on this page. You can also read through information relating bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started today?
Bookkeeping Certification in Los Angeles and California
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting