If you are living in Los Angeles and already working as an accounting professional or if you are interested in one of the many accounting related careers available to those with the proper education and training, you may want to look further into securing a bookkeeping certification. Like any line of work, the field of accounting and bookkeeping can be a challenging job market to crack and getting a leg up on the competition with a bookkeeping certificate could be just the edge that you and your career are looking for.
The median salary for bookkeeping clerks working in the city of Los Angeles was $39,400 in 2013 which ranks extremely well for positions not requiring a four year degree at point of career entry. Sounds great but you’d like to learn more? Below we’ll detail some of what bookkeeping and accounting clerks do and the type of training you can expect to find along the way.
Bookkeeper Training – What you’ll need to know
The training required for the field of bookkeepers can be extensive. But if you’re looking to do it get your foot in the door, then your best will always be to start with some basic courses to prepare for certification.
Whether the course was completed in high school or at a local college, the bulk of those doing the hiring will be looking for those who have already taken courses in math, economics, English, and some general accounting classes.
If you’re already working as a bookkeeper and are looking to complete your bookkeeping certification, there are a few basic requirements you will want to complete before you are set to take you exam. If you’re interested in learning more about these requirements and they can be met, you can do so by checking out the certification requirements section on our main page.
What You Will Learn in a Bookkeeping Diploma Program
A bookkeeping certification program can be completed quickly (usually in three months or less) and will leave the student with an understanding of general accounting principles. While curriculums will always differ from institution to institution, these programs will always go far to prepare graduates for a variety of bookkeeping career paths. Among these are accounts payable/receivable clerk, payroll clerk, billing clerk and many more.
A bookkeeping diploma program will typically include courses in:
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Records Management
- Computerized Accounting
- General Business Courses
What Bookkeepers Do
Companies of all shapes and sizes are in business usually for one primary reason: to gather wealth. Long story short, there’s really no other reason for a business to exist if this first condition is not met. So when a business is successful and that money does finally start rolling, someone has to be there to tend to the books. If you’re interested in the field of bookkeeping and accounting, then that someone could be you.
No matter how big or small, organizations will always need someone to track the financial transactions of the business. These transactions can typically include the sales and purchases a company will make, incoming receipts and outgoing payments made by the organization, or any number of day-to-day financial interactions in which the organization engages.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited Bookkeeping programs in the Los Angeles area you can get started by using the search feature located on this page. You can also read through information relating bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started today?
Bookkeeping Certification in Los Angeles and California
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting - Property Management (AAS)