If you are living in Los Angeles and already working as an accounting professional or if you are interested in one of the many accounting related careers available to those with the proper education and training, you may want to look further into securing a bookkeeping certification. Like any line of work, the field of accounting and bookkeeping can be a challenging job market to crack and getting a leg up on the competition with a bookkeeping certificate could be just the edge that you and your career are looking for.
The median salary for bookkeeping clerks working in the city of Los Angeles was $39,400 in 2013 which ranks extremely well for positions not requiring a four year degree at point of career entry. Sounds great but you’d like to learn more? Below we’ll detail some of what bookkeeping and accounting clerks do and the type of training you can expect to find along the way.
Bookkeeper Training – What you’ll need to know
The training required for the field of bookkeepers can be extensive. But if you’re looking to do it get your foot in the door, then your best will always be to start with some basic courses to prepare for certification.
Whether the course was completed in high school or at a local college, the bulk of those doing the hiring will be looking for those who have already taken courses in math, economics, English, and some general accounting classes.
If you’re already working as a bookkeeper and are looking to complete your bookkeeping certification, there are a few basic requirements you will want to complete before you are set to take you exam. If you’re interested in learning more about these requirements and they can be met, you can do so by checking out the certification requirements section on our main page.
What You Will Learn in a Bookkeeping Diploma Program
A bookkeeping certification program can be completed quickly (usually in three months or less) and will leave the student with an understanding of general accounting principles. While curriculums will always differ from institution to institution, these programs will always go far to prepare graduates for a variety of bookkeeping career paths. Among these are accounts payable/receivable clerk, payroll clerk, billing clerk and many more.
A bookkeeping diploma program will typically include courses in:
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Records Management
- Computerized Accounting
- General Business Courses
What Bookkeepers Do
Companies of all shapes and sizes are in business usually for one primary reason: to gather wealth. Long story short, there’s really no other reason for a business to exist if this first condition is not met. So when a business is successful and that money does finally start rolling, someone has to be there to tend to the books. If you’re interested in the field of bookkeeping and accounting, then that someone could be you.
No matter how big or small, organizations will always need someone to track the financial transactions of the business. These transactions can typically include the sales and purchases a company will make, incoming receipts and outgoing payments made by the organization, or any number of day-to-day financial interactions in which the organization engages.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited Bookkeeping programs in the Los Angeles area you can get started by using the search feature located on this page. You can also read through information relating bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started today?
Bookkeeping Certification in Los Angeles and California
- Payroll Clerk
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
The Accounting Academy was founded in 2005 and has been continuously approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private-Pstsecondary Education.
The Accounting Academy is a career/vocational school specializing in training adult student to obtain entry and staff level positions in the accounting profession by teaching practical. real-world job skills that are not covered in college courses.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
Concordia University, Nebraska offers accredited Master of Education and Master of Science degree programs online to help advance your career and become a transformative leader. Our M.Ed. and M.S. programs offer the knowledge and skills required in today’s competitive marketplace. These graduate degree programs are also practitioner-based: study real world solutions in class you can also apply to your current job. A reliable online learning system allows you to learn with other adult students, around your own schedule, and wherever you connect online.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Accounting