When you start working as a Certified Public Accountant in Colorado, chances are you will be among the better paid professionals in the state. The State of Colorado’s Labor Market Information Gateway reports that the median salary for CPA’s in Colorado was $65,600 in 2012, ranking it 11th among the 50 states. Maybe you already working in an accounting related career in Colorado and are thinking about starting CPA program. Maybe you are just beginning your studies and are thinking about what you want to do and be. Either way, there are few things you want to think about before getting started. Below we provide some information we hope you will find useful pertaining to general requirements for future CPA licensees as well as some items specific to the state of Colorado.
Colorado CPA Requirements – A Quick Review
The requirements for CPA applicants are going to vary from state to state. Before we take a more in-depth look at Colorado’s CPA requirements, we will review the fairly standard requirements for most accountants seeking licensure across the country.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically include:
- That all those sitting for a licensing exam have obtained a degree from a four-year university in accounting or a similar field
- That the future licensee has completed 150 semester unit of college undergraduate classes.
- That the CPA applicant has complete and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Previous work experience – For the most part, all state accountancy boards will require previous experience working as an accountant or in a similar capacity. One year or 2000 hours of actual employment is typical of this requirement
The State of Colorado requires that first time applicants who wish to obtain a CPA license from that state to have completed the following requirements:
- That the aspiring licensee has possession of a United States Social Security Number
- That the applicant completes the State of Colorado’s Affidavit of Eligibility
- That the applicant submit relevant official transcripts to Colorado’s State Board of Accountancy
Additionally, an applicant must also have completed one of the three sets of educational requirements listed at the Colorado page of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy site.
How to Get Started
To find out more about CPA schools in Colorado, just use the search feature at the top of this page. You can also find great information on other bookkeeping and accounting careers by visiting our main page and following our sidebar links. There’s no time like now to get started on your educational goals and dreams!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Colorado
- Online degrees include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, and MBA.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Business Administration specializations include Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Master of Business Administration, and more.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!