When you start working as a Certified Public Accountant in Colorado, chances are you will be among the better paid professionals in the state. The State of Colorado’s Labor Market Information Gateway reports that the median salary for CPA’s in Colorado was $65,600 in 2012, ranking it 11th among the 50 states. Maybe you already working in an accounting related career in Colorado and are thinking about starting CPA program. Maybe you are just beginning your studies and are thinking about what you want to do and be. Either way, there are few things you want to think about before getting started. Below we provide some information we hope you will find useful pertaining to general requirements for future CPA licensees as well as some items specific to the state of Colorado.
Colorado CPA Requirements – A Quick Review
The requirements for CPA applicants are going to vary from state to state. Before we take a more in-depth look at Colorado’s CPA requirements, we will review the fairly standard requirements for most accountants seeking licensure across the country.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically include:
- That all those sitting for a licensing exam have obtained a degree from a four-year university in accounting or a similar field
- That the future licensee has completed 150 semester unit of college undergraduate classes.
- That the CPA applicant has complete and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Previous work experience – For the most part, all state accountancy boards will require previous experience working as an accountant or in a similar capacity. One year or 2000 hours of actual employment is typical of this requirement
The State of Colorado requires that first time applicants who wish to obtain a CPA license from that state to have completed the following requirements:
- That the aspiring licensee has possession of a United States Social Security Number
- That the applicant completes the State of Colorado’s Affidavit of Eligibility
- That the applicant submit relevant official transcripts to Colorado’s State Board of Accountancy
Additionally, an applicant must also have completed one of the three sets of educational requirements listed at the Colorado page of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy site.
How to Get Started
To find out more about CPA schools in Colorado, just use the search feature at the top of this page. You can also find great information on other bookkeeping and accounting careers by visiting our main page and following our sidebar links. There’s no time like now to get started on your educational goals and dreams!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Colorado
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
A degree from CTU can connect you to a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree, you hit the ground sprinting. That’s the power of in. Are you in?
- Denver - Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Denver - Master of Science - Accounting
- Colorado Springs - Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Accounting for Managers
- Ph.D. in Management - Accounting
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
National American University welcomes students of diverse backgrounds, interests, cultures and abilities and prepares them for careers in technical and professional fields by providing quality higher education in a caring and supportive environment.
The university builds learning partnerships with students and other institutions and organizations locally, nationally and internationally through its private, regionally-accredited system of campuses and education centers offering courses in traditional, accelerated and distance learning formats.
- A.A.S Accounting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting