When you start working as a Certified Public Accountant in Colorado, chances are you will be among the better paid professionals in the state. The State of Colorado’s Labor Market Information Gateway reports that the median salary for CPA’s in Colorado was $65,600 in 2012, ranking it 11th among the 50 states. Maybe you already working in an accounting related career in Colorado and are thinking about starting CPA program. Maybe you are just beginning your studies and are thinking about what you want to do and be. Either way, there are few things you want to think about before getting started. Below we provide some information we hope you will find useful pertaining to general requirements for future CPA licensees as well as some items specific to the state of Colorado.
Colorado CPA Requirements – A Quick Review
The requirements for CPA applicants are going to vary from state to state. Before we take a more in-depth look at Colorado’s CPA requirements, we will review the fairly standard requirements for most accountants seeking licensure across the country.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically include:
- That all those sitting for a licensing exam have obtained a degree from a four-year university in accounting or a similar field
- That the future licensee has completed 150 semester unit of college undergraduate classes.
- That the CPA applicant has complete and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Previous work experience – For the most part, all state accountancy boards will require previous experience working as an accountant or in a similar capacity. One year or 2000 hours of actual employment is typical of this requirement
The State of Colorado requires that first time applicants who wish to obtain a CPA license from that state to have completed the following requirements:
- That the aspiring licensee has possession of a United States Social Security Number
- That the applicant completes the State of Colorado’s Affidavit of Eligibility
- That the applicant submit relevant official transcripts to Colorado’s State Board of Accountancy
Additionally, an applicant must also have completed one of the three sets of educational requirements listed at the Colorado page of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy site.
How to Get Started
To find out more about CPA schools in Colorado, just use the search feature at the top of this page. You can also find great information on other bookkeeping and accounting careers by visiting our main page and following our sidebar links. There’s no time like now to get started on your educational goals and dreams!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Colorado
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
- Accounting B.S.
- Accounting A.A.S.
- Business Administration Emphasis in Accounting B.S.
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)