Certified Public Accountants working in the state of Connecticut are among the most competitively paid professionals in the state. According to the State of Connecticut’s Department of Labor, the median salary for CPA’s the state was $69,700 in 2012 which is the 5th highest among all 50 states. Whether you are working as an accounting professional in Connecticut and are thinking about starting CPA program, or if you are just beginning your studies, there are few things you want to think about before you get going. In the paragraphs below we will detail some of the requirements that are specific not just to those pursuing a CPA license in Connecticut, but some standardized requirements expected of CPA’s everywhere.
Connecticut CPA Requirements – A Brief Overview
The requirements for those wishing to secure a CPA License are going to differ from state to state. Connecticut is no exception to this, but before we look at state-specific requirements, let’s first review some standard professional requirements of all Certified Public Accountants.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically require:
- That anyone sitting for a CPA licensing exam licensing has received a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in accounting or a related field.
- That the CPA License applicant has completed at least 150 semester hours of college coursework.
- That the applicant for licensure has taken and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is usually taken over a period of a year or more and is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Work experience – The majority of state accountancy boards will require previous experience working as an accountant or in a similar line of work. 2000 hours of work, which is equivalent to one year of full-time work is usually standard for this requirement.
The State of Connecticut also requires that those seeking a CPA license have met the following requirements:
- That all CPA license applicants have received a baccalaureate degree from a four-year college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies, or equivalent to that status as determined by the board.
- That the CPA license applicant has completed a minimum of 36 semester hours in accounting.
- That the CPA License applicant has completed 30 semester hours in economics and business administration.
To read more of about Connecticut’s CPA requirements, visit the Connecticut State Board of Accountancy page.
How to Find More Information on CPA Programs
To find out more about CPA programs in Connecticut or any state for that matter, just use the search feature at the top of this page. You will also discover a ton of information on more great bookkeeping and accounting careers by visiting our main page and following our sidebar links. There are both in-person and online school options available, so why not get stared today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Connecticut
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.