Certified Public Accountants working in the state of Connecticut are among the most competitively paid professionals in the state. According to the State of Connecticut’s Department of Labor, the median salary for CPA’s the state was $69,700 in 2012 which is the 5th highest among all 50 states. Whether you are working as an accounting professional in Connecticut and are thinking about starting CPA program, or if you are just beginning your studies, there are few things you want to think about before you get going. In the paragraphs below we will detail some of the requirements that are specific not just to those pursuing a CPA license in Connecticut, but some standardized requirements expected of CPA’s everywhere.
Connecticut CPA Requirements – A Brief Overview
The requirements for those wishing to secure a CPA License are going to differ from state to state. Connecticut is no exception to this, but before we look at state-specific requirements, let’s first review some standard professional requirements of all Certified Public Accountants.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically require:
- That anyone sitting for a CPA licensing exam licensing has received a bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in accounting or a related field.
- That the CPA License applicant has completed at least 150 semester hours of college coursework.
- That the applicant for licensure has taken and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is usually taken over a period of a year or more and is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Work experience – The majority of state accountancy boards will require previous experience working as an accountant or in a similar line of work. 2000 hours of work, which is equivalent to one year of full-time work is usually standard for this requirement.
The State of Connecticut also requires that those seeking a CPA license have met the following requirements:
- That all CPA license applicants have received a baccalaureate degree from a four-year college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies, or equivalent to that status as determined by the board.
- That the CPA license applicant has completed a minimum of 36 semester hours in accounting.
- That the CPA License applicant has completed 30 semester hours in economics and business administration.
To read more of about Connecticut’s CPA requirements, visit the Connecticut State Board of Accountancy page.
How to Find More Information on CPA Programs
To find out more about CPA programs in Connecticut or any state for that matter, just use the search feature at the top of this page. You will also discover a ton of information on more great bookkeeping and accounting careers by visiting our main page and following our sidebar links. There are both in-person and online school options available, so why not get stared today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Connecticut
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Master of Business Administration, and more.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of tradition and achievement to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!