Certified Public Accountants from Delaware are among the best paid professionals in the state. The State of Delaware’s Office of Labor Market Information reported that the median salary for CPA’s in the state was $62,000 in 2012 ranking it 18th in the nation. So whether you are already employed in the accounting field in Delaware and are considering enrolling in a CPA program or if you are just getting started with your studies, there are few things you’ll want to ponder before you begin. Below we will detail some of the more common requirements for aspiring CPA’s everywhere as well as some Delaware-specific licensing information.
Delaware CPA Requirements – An Inside Look
The requirements for potential CPA License holders are going to differ from state to state. The state of Delaware is no different in this regard. However, before we take a look at Delaware’s state-specific requirements, we will review some items that are typically demanded of all CPA License applicants across the country.
Professional requirements of all CPA’s regardless of their state of licensure will typically include:
- That all those who wish to sit for a state CPA licensing exam licensing have received a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university in accounting or a similar field
- That any potential CPA License applicant has taken and passed at least 150 semester units of college classes in completion of their degree
- That the CPA License applicant has taken and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam for Certified Public Accountants. The Uniform CPA Exam is typically taken over a period of up to 18 months and is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the applicant has completed a certain amount of work experience in the field of accounting. Most state accountancy boards will require direct experience or in a similar field or position. One year or 2000 hour experience acquired is typical of this requirement.
The State of Delaware will also require that those seeking a CPA license have met the following criteria:
- That CPA License Applicants have completed during the course of their degree program, at least 24 semester units in the area of accounting with courses taken in Financial Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
- That the applicant has submitted all required educational transcripts and/or foreign evaluations prior to the submission of the first-time application to CPAES
- That the applicant’s degree has been achieved and all courses have been completed at institutions that are accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern and Western). For those applicants that have completed programs at two-year institutions, accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Independent Colleges and Schools is acceptable as well
To read more of about Delaware’s CPA requirements, visit the State of Delaware’s Board of Accountancy regulation page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about Delaware CPA programs and schools in both live classroom and online setting, you can use the easy search feature at the top of this page. You can also find lots of information on bookkeeping and accounting schools and general career information by visiting our main page and browsing through the sidebar links. Your future is just a click away!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Delaware
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Apply knowledge of project leadership theories/practical application in organizations.
- Apply effective written communication and research skills.
- Examine management control, monitoring, and value methods.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills for effective analysis in decision making.
- Assess costs, risks, and benefits of total quality management.
- Analyze the implications of diversity/culture and managing projects in an international setting.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor