Certified Public Accountants from Delaware are among the best paid professionals in the state. The State of Delaware’s Office of Labor Market Information reported that the median salary for CPA’s in the state was $62,000 in 2012 ranking it 18th in the nation. So whether you are already employed in the accounting field in Delaware and are considering enrolling in a CPA program or if you are just getting started with your studies, there are few things you’ll want to ponder before you begin. Below we will detail some of the more common requirements for aspiring CPA’s everywhere as well as some Delaware-specific licensing information.
Delaware CPA Requirements – An Inside Look
The requirements for potential CPA License holders are going to differ from state to state. The state of Delaware is no different in this regard. However, before we take a look at Delaware’s state-specific requirements, we will review some items that are typically demanded of all CPA License applicants across the country.
Professional requirements of all CPA’s regardless of their state of licensure will typically include:
- That all those who wish to sit for a state CPA licensing exam licensing have received a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university in accounting or a similar field
- That any potential CPA License applicant has taken and passed at least 150 semester units of college classes in completion of their degree
- That the CPA License applicant has taken and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam for Certified Public Accountants. The Uniform CPA Exam is typically taken over a period of up to 18 months and is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the applicant has completed a certain amount of work experience in the field of accounting. Most state accountancy boards will require direct experience or in a similar field or position. One year or 2000 hour experience acquired is typical of this requirement.
The State of Delaware will also require that those seeking a CPA license have met the following criteria:
- That CPA License Applicants have completed during the course of their degree program, at least 24 semester units in the area of accounting with courses taken in Financial Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
- That the applicant has submitted all required educational transcripts and/or foreign evaluations prior to the submission of the first-time application to CPAES
- That the applicant’s degree has been achieved and all courses have been completed at institutions that are accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies (Middle States, New England, North Central, Northwest, Southern and Western). For those applicants that have completed programs at two-year institutions, accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Independent Colleges and Schools is acceptable as well
To read more of about Delaware’s CPA requirements, visit the State of Delaware’s Board of Accountancy regulation page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about Delaware CPA programs and schools in both live classroom and online setting, you can use the easy search feature at the top of this page. You can also find lots of information on bookkeeping and accounting schools and general career information by visiting our main page and browsing through the sidebar links. Your future is just a click away!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Delaware
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!