If you already have your bookkeeping certification and you’re looking to do a little more in your field, perhaps it’s time to consider pursuing you’re online accounting degree. If you are someone who prefers a traditional setting for your studies, those options are certainly available. However, with the advances in technology and the advent of distance learning providing such incredible virtual classroom environments, why would you not consider the flexibility and ease of earning an online degree?
Online Accounting Degrees
If you’re currently working as bookkeeper or a payroll clerk, and would like to be doing more and earning more money in your field, a four year degree could be just what you need to propel you towards all of your career goals. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in 2010 was $61,690. With your busy schedule, trying to balance work and family, the option of pursuing an online accounting degree could be the perfect choice for you.
One of the distinct advantages that distance learning gives you is the flexibility of taking classes at your convenience. Whether that convenience means the comfort of your own home or anywhere you can find an internet connection, you’re the one in control. Most accredited four year universities offer a number of their degree programs online making it easy to complete either some or all of your courses from wherever you choose!
What You Will Study
Before you make the leap and decide to enroll in and online accounting degree program, you should probably get a good idea of what you’ll likely to cover in your courses. These courses will likely involve much more detail and depth than the general accounting courses you may have encountered in a basic accounting or bookkeeping certification program. Your program will likely go far deeper into accounting and business theories providing you with far more than just general accounting techniques and basic bookkeeping knowledge.
Here’s a quick look at the kinds of courses you can expect in your workload:
- General Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Tax Principles and Policy
- Business Law
- Corporate Taxes
- Managerial Finance
- International Law and Business
Financial Aid is Available
Deciding to start working towards an advanced degree is one of the most important decisions you will ever make, one that will have a profound impact on the rest of your life. Financing a four year degree program can be expensive too, so it’s best to do some research and be prepared to explore all options.
One great way to get started is by visiting the Free Application for Student Aid or FAFSA website and completing their online submission form. You can also contact the financial aid office of the institution you’d like to attend. They probably already have a number of financial aid programs available and staff on-hand that can help guide you through the qualification process.
Also, don’t forget about the possibility of corporate assistance. If you’re already working, many times the company you work for will have an education assistance program in place. It may cover only a fraction of your total costs, but every bit. There is also no more of a sure fire way to make it clear to your employer how serious you are about improving yourself and advancing in your career.
How to Get Started
If you want to learn more about online schools and the options you have in pursuing an online accounting degree, you can get started by using the search option at the top of this page. Remember, you’re the one in control of your future and nothing gives you more control than the power of earning your degree online.
Online Accounting Degrees and Classes
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Accounting - Managerial Accountancy
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- And more...
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- MBA - Finance
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...