If you already have your bookkeeping certification and you’re looking to do a little more in your field, perhaps it’s time to consider pursuing you’re online accounting degree. If you are someone who prefers a traditional setting for your studies, those options are certainly available. However, with the advances in technology and the advent of distance learning providing such incredible virtual classroom environments, why would you not consider the flexibility and ease of earning an online degree?
Online Accounting Degrees
If you’re currently working as bookkeeper or a payroll clerk, and would like to be doing more and earning more money in your field, a four year degree could be just what you need to propel you towards all of your career goals. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in 2010 was $61,690. With your busy schedule, trying to balance work and family, the option of pursuing an online accounting degree could be the perfect choice for you.
One of the distinct advantages that distance learning gives you is the flexibility of taking classes at your convenience. Whether that convenience means the comfort of your own home or anywhere you can find an internet connection, you’re the one in control. Most accredited four year universities offer a number of their degree programs online making it easy to complete either some or all of your courses from wherever you choose!
What You Will Study
Before you make the leap and decide to enroll in and online accounting degree program, you should probably get a good idea of what you’ll likely to cover in your courses. These courses will likely involve much more detail and depth than the general accounting courses you may have encountered in a basic accounting or bookkeeping certification program. Your program will likely go far deeper into accounting and business theories providing you with far more than just general accounting techniques and basic bookkeeping knowledge.
Here’s a quick look at the kinds of courses you can expect in your workload:
- General Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Tax Principles and Policy
- Business Law
- Corporate Taxes
- Managerial Finance
- International Law and Business
Financial Aid is Available
Deciding to start working towards an advanced degree is one of the most important decisions you will ever make, one that will have a profound impact on the rest of your life. Financing a four year degree program can be expensive too, so it’s best to do some research and be prepared to explore all options.
One great way to get started is by visiting the Free Application for Student Aid or FAFSA website and completing their online submission form. You can also contact the financial aid office of the institution you’d like to attend. They probably already have a number of financial aid programs available and staff on-hand that can help guide you through the qualification process.
Also, don’t forget about the possibility of corporate assistance. If you’re already working, many times the company you work for will have an education assistance program in place. It may cover only a fraction of your total costs, but every bit. There is also no more of a sure fire way to make it clear to your employer how serious you are about improving yourself and advancing in your career.
How to Get Started
If you want to learn more about online schools and the options you have in pursuing an online accounting degree, you can get started by using the search option at the top of this page. Remember, you’re the one in control of your future and nothing gives you more control than the power of earning your degree online.
Online Accounting Degrees and Classes
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Accounting - Managerial Accountancy
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Accounting for Managers
- Ph.D. in Management - Accounting
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- And more...