Certified Public Accountants from the state of Georgia are not only in high demand, but are among the highest paid professionals working in the financial community. According to the Georgia Labor Market Explorer, the median salary for CPA’s in the state was $64,500 in 2012 ranking it 13th in the nation. So if you are already working the field of accounting in Georgia and are considering enrolling in a CPA program or if you just began your studies, there are few things you’ll want to figure out before you get started. On this page we’ll take you through some of the more common requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as criteria specific to CPA licensees in the state of Georgia.
Georgia CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The requirements to obtain a license as a Certified Public Accountant are going to vary from state to state and the state of Georgia is no exception. But before we take a look at the state-specific requirements, let’s review the most common criteria typically expected of CPA License holders across the country.
These standardized CPA requirements will typically include:
- That those who wish to sit for a CPA licensing exam have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited university in accounting or a related major of study
- That the potential CPA Licensee has accrued at least 150 semester units of college coursework in completion of their degree
- That the licensee has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam for Certified Public Accountants. The Uniform CPA Exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the licensee has related work experience in the field of accounting or in a field that is closely related. Most state accountancy boards will ask that the licensee has completed one year or 2000 hours of actual accounting experience
The State of Georgia will also expect that a CPA licensee has met the following criteria:
- That the CPA applicant has completed a minimum of 30 semester hours in Accounting above the introductory level
- That the CPA applicant has completed a minimum of 24 semester hours in business related subjects
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of one year (2000 hours) of continuous qualifying experience that must be completed not more than one year immediately preceding the date of application and that the experience must be acquired under the supervision of an active CPA in good standing
To read more of about Georgia’s requirements for Certified Public Accountants, visit the Georgia State Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about Georgia CPA programs in both classroom and online settings, just use the search feature on this page. You can also find plenty of information on bookkeeping and accounting schools as well as general career information by visiting our main page and checking out the sidebar links. Why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Georgia
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, and MBA.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Business Administration specializations include Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.