Certified Public Accountants from the state of Georgia are not only in high demand, but are among the highest paid professionals working in the financial community. According to the Georgia Labor Market Explorer, the median salary for CPA’s in the state was $64,500 in 2012 ranking it 13th in the nation. So if you are already working the field of accounting in Georgia and are considering enrolling in a CPA program or if you just began your studies, there are few things you’ll want to figure out before you get started. On this page we’ll take you through some of the more common requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as criteria specific to CPA licensees in the state of Georgia.
Georgia CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The requirements to obtain a license as a Certified Public Accountant are going to vary from state to state and the state of Georgia is no exception. But before we take a look at the state-specific requirements, let’s review the most common criteria typically expected of CPA License holders across the country.
These standardized CPA requirements will typically include:
- That those who wish to sit for a CPA licensing exam have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited university in accounting or a related major of study
- That the potential CPA Licensee has accrued at least 150 semester units of college coursework in completion of their degree
- That the licensee has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam for Certified Public Accountants. The Uniform CPA Exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the licensee has related work experience in the field of accounting or in a field that is closely related. Most state accountancy boards will ask that the licensee has completed one year or 2000 hours of actual accounting experience
The State of Georgia will also expect that a CPA licensee has met the following criteria:
- That the CPA applicant has completed a minimum of 30 semester hours in Accounting above the introductory level
- That the CPA applicant has completed a minimum of 24 semester hours in business related subjects
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of one year (2000 hours) of continuous qualifying experience that must be completed not more than one year immediately preceding the date of application and that the experience must be acquired under the supervision of an active CPA in good standing
To read more of about Georgia’s requirements for Certified Public Accountants, visit the Georgia State Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about Georgia CPA programs in both classroom and online settings, just use the search feature on this page. You can also find plenty of information on bookkeeping and accounting schools as well as general career information by visiting our main page and checking out the sidebar links. Why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Georgia
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!