Certified Public Accountants from the state of Georgia are not only in high demand, but are among the highest paid professionals working in the financial community. According to the Georgia Labor Market Explorer, the median salary for CPA’s in the state was $64,500 in 2012 ranking it 13th in the nation. So if you are already working the field of accounting in Georgia and are considering enrolling in a CPA program or if you just began your studies, there are few things you’ll want to figure out before you get started. On this page we’ll take you through some of the more common requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as criteria specific to CPA licensees in the state of Georgia.
Georgia CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The requirements to obtain a license as a Certified Public Accountant are going to vary from state to state and the state of Georgia is no exception. But before we take a look at the state-specific requirements, let’s review the most common criteria typically expected of CPA License holders across the country.
These standardized CPA requirements will typically include:
- That those who wish to sit for a CPA licensing exam have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited university in accounting or a related major of study
- That the potential CPA Licensee has accrued at least 150 semester units of college coursework in completion of their degree
- That the licensee has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam for Certified Public Accountants. The Uniform CPA Exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the licensee has related work experience in the field of accounting or in a field that is closely related. Most state accountancy boards will ask that the licensee has completed one year or 2000 hours of actual accounting experience
The State of Georgia will also expect that a CPA licensee has met the following criteria:
- That the CPA applicant has completed a minimum of 30 semester hours in Accounting above the introductory level
- That the CPA applicant has completed a minimum of 24 semester hours in business related subjects
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of one year (2000 hours) of continuous qualifying experience that must be completed not more than one year immediately preceding the date of application and that the experience must be acquired under the supervision of an active CPA in good standing
To read more of about Georgia’s requirements for Certified Public Accountants, visit the Georgia State Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about Georgia CPA programs in both classroom and online settings, just use the search feature on this page. You can also find plenty of information on bookkeeping and accounting schools as well as general career information by visiting our main page and checking out the sidebar links. Why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Georgia
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor