Certified Public Accountants working in Hawaii are among the best compensated professionals in the state. According to the Hawaii Workforce Infonet, the median salary for Hawaii-based Certified Public Accountants was $55,300 in 2012. So whether you are already working as an accounting or bookkeeping professional in Hawaii or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, there are few items you’ll want to be sure of before you begin. In the paragraphs below, we’ll take a look at a few of these items that we hope will assist you in making the most informed decision possible.
Hawaii CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The licensing criteria for Certified Public Accountants are going to differ from state to state. So while Hawaii will have some state-specific requirements that you’ll want to pay attention to, there are some standardized requirements that are expected of CPA licensees everywhere. With regard to these standardized requirements, CPA Licensee can be expected to have adhered to the following:
- That those applying for a CPA License have completed a four-degree degree program from an accredited university in the area of accounting or a closely related major
- That all those applying for a CPA License have accrued a minimum of 150 semester units in completion of their degree
- That those wishing to sit for a CPA license have taken and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam for Certified Public Accountants. The exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Work experience. Most state accountancy boards will require that the license applicant has completed at least one year (2000 hours) of employment in the field of accounting
The State of Hawaii also requires that any CPA license applicant has fulfilled the following criteria:
- That the applicant be at least 18 years of age, and has met the minimum educational requirements at the time of application or plans to do so within 120 days of application
- That the applicant has achieved a baccalaureate degree in accounting awarded by a college or university that meets with the approval of the state accountancy board
- or a baccalaureate degree with a major in a subject other than accounting while still completing an additional 18 semester hours of upper division or graduate level accounting or auditing subjects, awarded by a college or university acceptable to the state borad of accountancy
To learn about Hawaii’s requirements for Certified Public Accountants in greater detail, visit Hawaii’s Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about Hawaii CPA programs just use the search feature at the top of this page. If you’d like to read more, you can find lots of great information on bookkeeping and accounting classes by visiting our main page and clicking through the sidebar links. An exciting new career in the field of accounting could be just a click away!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Hawaii
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Master of Business Administration, and more.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of tradition and achievement to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.