Certified Public Accountants in Idaho are among the best paid professionals in the state. According to Idaho’s Department of Commerce and Labor, the median wage for CPA’s in the state was $55,900 in 2012. So if you are already working in the accounting field and are thinking about starting a CPA program or even if you’re just getting started in your education, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before moving forward. On the page below we’ll cover essential items that pertain to all CPA’s as well as some items that are specific to the state Idaho.
Idaho CPA Requirements – A Brief Overview
The requirements that need to be satisfied for an individual to become a Certified Public Accountant are going to vary from state to state and Idaho is no different in this regard. But before we look at the details specific to Idaho, let’s take a look at some requirements that are typical for all CPA applicants across all 50 states.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically demand:
- That all applicants for a CPA license have completed a bachelor’s degree in the area of accounting or a related field
- That all applicants have completed 150 semester hours of college coursework. In most cases this is roughly 25% more class time than what is typically required for a bachelor’s degree
- That all applicants have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That all applicants have previous work experience of a year or more in an accounting related position
The state of Idaho requires that all those seeking a CPA license:
- Are at least 18 years of and of good moral character
- Have signed the Idaho Department of Law Enforcement Criminal History Records Check form and have turned it with their application
- Are a resident, have been a resident, or intend to immediately become a resident of the State of Idaho with the intention of remaining
The state of Idaho also requires that all CPA applicants have met the following Educational Have met the following educational requirements:
- Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree or Equivalent with 30 or more semester hours completed in the concentration of business administration
- An additional minimum requirement of at least 20 or more semester hours in the concentration of accounting
To read more a the State of Idaho’s CPA Requirements visit the Idaho State Board of Accountancy Page.
How to Get Started
If you’re interested in learning more about CPA programs and the schools that offer them in the state of Idaho, then it’s easy to get started. Just use the search feature on this page to find CPA degree programs near you. You can also learn more about available accounting and bookkeeping courses as well as useful career information by visiting our main page and browsing through our sidebar links.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Idaho
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Apply knowledge of project leadership theories/practical application in organizations.
- Apply effective written communication and research skills.
- Examine management control, monitoring, and value methods.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills for effective analysis in decision making.
- Assess costs, risks, and benefits of total quality management.
- Analyze the implications of diversity/culture and managing projects in an international setting.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting