Certified Public Accountants in Idaho are among the best paid professionals in the state. According to Idaho’s Department of Commerce and Labor, the median wage for CPA’s in the state was $55,900 in 2012. So if you are already working in the accounting field and are thinking about starting a CPA program or even if you’re just getting started in your education, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before moving forward. On the page below we’ll cover essential items that pertain to all CPA’s as well as some items that are specific to the state Idaho.
Idaho CPA Requirements – A Brief Overview
The requirements that need to be satisfied for an individual to become a Certified Public Accountant are going to vary from state to state and Idaho is no different in this regard. But before we look at the details specific to Idaho, let’s take a look at some requirements that are typical for all CPA applicants across all 50 states.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically demand:
- That all applicants for a CPA license have completed a bachelor’s degree in the area of accounting or a related field
- That all applicants have completed 150 semester hours of college coursework. In most cases this is roughly 25% more class time than what is typically required for a bachelor’s degree
- That all applicants have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That all applicants have previous work experience of a year or more in an accounting related position
The state of Idaho requires that all those seeking a CPA license:
- Are at least 18 years of and of good moral character
- Have signed the Idaho Department of Law Enforcement Criminal History Records Check form and have turned it with their application
- Are a resident, have been a resident, or intend to immediately become a resident of the State of Idaho with the intention of remaining
The state of Idaho also requires that all CPA applicants have met the following Educational Have met the following educational requirements:
- Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree or Equivalent with 30 or more semester hours completed in the concentration of business administration
- An additional minimum requirement of at least 20 or more semester hours in the concentration of accounting
To read more a the State of Idaho’s CPA Requirements visit the Idaho State Board of Accountancy Page.
How to Get Started
If you’re interested in learning more about CPA programs and the schools that offer them in the state of Idaho, then it’s easy to get started. Just use the search feature on this page to find CPA degree programs near you. You can also learn more about available accounting and bookkeeping courses as well as useful career information by visiting our main page and browsing through our sidebar links.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Idaho
- Online degrees include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, and MBA.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Business Administration specializations include Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)