Certified Public Accountants in Idaho are among the best paid professionals in the state. According to Idaho’s Department of Commerce and Labor, the median wage for CPA’s in the state was $55,900 in 2012. So if you are already working in the accounting field and are thinking about starting a CPA program or even if you’re just getting started in your education, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before moving forward. On the page below we’ll cover essential items that pertain to all CPA’s as well as some items that are specific to the state Idaho.
Idaho CPA Requirements – A Brief Overview
The requirements that need to be satisfied for an individual to become a Certified Public Accountant are going to vary from state to state and Idaho is no different in this regard. But before we look at the details specific to Idaho, let’s take a look at some requirements that are typical for all CPA applicants across all 50 states.
Professional requirements for CPA’s will typically demand:
- That all applicants for a CPA license have completed a bachelor’s degree in the area of accounting or a related field
- That all applicants have completed 150 semester hours of college coursework. In most cases this is roughly 25% more class time than what is typically required for a bachelor’s degree
- That all applicants have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That all applicants have previous work experience of a year or more in an accounting related position
The state of Idaho requires that all those seeking a CPA license:
- Are at least 18 years of and of good moral character
- Have signed the Idaho Department of Law Enforcement Criminal History Records Check form and have turned it with their application
- Are a resident, have been a resident, or intend to immediately become a resident of the State of Idaho with the intention of remaining
The state of Idaho also requires that all CPA applicants have met the following Educational Have met the following educational requirements:
- Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree or Equivalent with 30 or more semester hours completed in the concentration of business administration
- An additional minimum requirement of at least 20 or more semester hours in the concentration of accounting
To read more a the State of Idaho’s CPA Requirements visit the Idaho State Board of Accountancy Page.
How to Get Started
If you’re interested in learning more about CPA programs and the schools that offer them in the state of Idaho, then it’s easy to get started. Just use the search feature on this page to find CPA degree programs near you. You can also learn more about available accounting and bookkeeping courses as well as useful career information by visiting our main page and browsing through our sidebar links.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Idaho
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!