Certified Public Accountants working in Indiana do quite well for themselves. According to the Indiana Department of Workforce Development, the median salary for CPA’s in Indiana was $58,700 in 2012. So if you’re a student just beginning your academic career or already an accounting or bookkeeping professional thinking about heading back to school, you might want to consider a CPA program. Before you get started, there are some things you’ll want to take a closer look at. In the paragraphs below we will review some of the requirements for becoming a Certified Public Accountant as well as some state-specific items for Indiana.
Indiana CPA Requirements – A Brief Overview
The requirements that need to be met to be licensed as a Certified Public Accountant are going to differ from state to state. Before we review the requirements for Indiana, we’ll take a quick look at what are fairly standardized requirements for CPS’s everywhere.
These standardized CPA requirements will typically include:
- That all those who wish to sit for a CPA licensing exam have completed an undergraduate degree program from a four-year university in the area of accounting or a related field of study
- That all those seeking a CPA Licensee have completed at least 150 semester hours of college undergraduate course work in completion of their degree
- That the applicant has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This Exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the applicant has at least one year (2000 hours) of compatible work experience in the field of accounting or in a closely similar role.
Indiana also will require that a CPA licensee has met the following requirements:
- The applicant has during the course of their degree program, completed at least 24 semester units in accounting at the undergraduate level or 15 semester units in accounting at the graduate level, or an equivalent combination thereof. This course work must include classes taken in the following areas: financial accounting, auditing, taxation and managerial accounting
- The applicant has during the course of their degree program, completed at least 24 semester units in business administration and economics concentrations, other than accounting classes, at the undergraduate or graduate level, which may include:
- up to six semester hours of business and tax law courses
- up to six semester hours of computer science courses
To read more of about the requirements for Certified Public Accountants in Indiana, visit the website for the Indiana CPA Society.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about CPA programs in the state of Indiana, just use the simple search feature at the top of this page. You can also find some helpful information on bookkeeping and accounting careers and great schools for each by visiting our main page and reviewing our sidebar links. Why not get started on your new career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Indiana
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Associate of Science in Accounting
- Administrative Accounting Specialist Diploma
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.