Certified Public Accountants working in Indiana do quite well for themselves. According to the Indiana Department of Workforce Development, the median salary for CPA’s in Indiana was $58,700 in 2012. So if you’re a student just beginning your academic career or already an accounting or bookkeeping professional thinking about heading back to school, you might want to consider a CPA program. Before you get started, there are some things you’ll want to take a closer look at. In the paragraphs below we will review some of the requirements for becoming a Certified Public Accountant as well as some state-specific items for Indiana.
Indiana CPA Requirements – A Brief Overview
The requirements that need to be met to be licensed as a Certified Public Accountant are going to differ from state to state. Before we review the requirements for Indiana, we’ll take a quick look at what are fairly standardized requirements for CPS’s everywhere.
These standardized CPA requirements will typically include:
- That all those who wish to sit for a CPA licensing exam have completed an undergraduate degree program from a four-year university in the area of accounting or a related field of study
- That all those seeking a CPA Licensee have completed at least 150 semester hours of college undergraduate course work in completion of their degree
- That the applicant has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This Exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the applicant has at least one year (2000 hours) of compatible work experience in the field of accounting or in a closely similar role.
Indiana also will require that a CPA licensee has met the following requirements:
- The applicant has during the course of their degree program, completed at least 24 semester units in accounting at the undergraduate level or 15 semester units in accounting at the graduate level, or an equivalent combination thereof. This course work must include classes taken in the following areas: financial accounting, auditing, taxation and managerial accounting
- The applicant has during the course of their degree program, completed at least 24 semester units in business administration and economics concentrations, other than accounting classes, at the undergraduate or graduate level, which may include:
- up to six semester hours of business and tax law courses
- up to six semester hours of computer science courses
To read more of about the requirements for Certified Public Accountants in Indiana, visit the website for the Indiana CPA Society.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about CPA programs in the state of Indiana, just use the simple search feature at the top of this page. You can also find some helpful information on bookkeeping and accounting careers and great schools for each by visiting our main page and reviewing our sidebar links. Why not get started on your new career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Indiana
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!