Certified Public Accountants in Kansas earn a very good living. According to the Kansas Labor Information Center the median salary for CPA’s in Kansas was $57,000 in 2012. So if you are just beginning your academic career or if you are already working as an accounting or bookkeeping professional and thinking about returning to school, you might want to consider looking into a CPA program. Before you get started though, there are a few things you’ll want to consider. In the sections below we’ll take a look at some of the criteria that needs to be met by CPA’s everywhere as well as some items that are specific to the state of Kansas.
Kansas CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional and educational requirements that Certified Public Accountants wishing to sit for a CPA exam are required to meet will vary from state to state. With that said, there are some fairly standard criteria expected to be met by potential CPA’s everywhere. So before we review the state requirements for Kansas let’s take a look at some of the criteria required of CPA’s in all 50 states:
- Any potential CPA licensee that wishes to sit for a licensing exam will be expected to have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting or closely related major
- During the course of the above-mentioned degree program the potential licensee will have completed at least 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the potential licensee will have took the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is often taken over a period of up 18 months and is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the potential licensee has completed at least one year of appropriate employment in the field of accounting or in closely related position
The state of Kansas requires that anyone sitting for a CPA licensing exam has fulfilled the following requirements:
- As mentioned above that the CPA applicant has completed a baccalaureate degree program or higher from a college or university recognized by the State Board of Accountancy and the require 150 semester units are distributed as follows:
- At least 42 semester credit hours in business and general education courses including courses in: macro and microeconomics plus one upper-division economics course; at least two courses in the legal aspects of business or business law; management and administration; marketing; production, operations research, or applications of quantitative techniques to business problems; College algebra or math equivalent;
As well as:
- At least 11 semester units in written and oral communications and at least 30 semester units in accounting theory and practice including courses in: financial accounting, auditing, income tax, managerial accounting and accounting systems
To read in greater detail about Kansas CPA requirements, visit the Kansas Board of Accountancy page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about Certified Public Accountant programs in Kansas, just use the search feature on this page. You can also read all about bookkeeping and accounting careers and find a variety of useful information by visiting our main page and checking out our sidebar links. Why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Kansas
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.