Certified Public Accountants in Kansas earn a very good living. According to the Kansas Labor Information Center the median salary for CPA’s in Kansas was $57,000 in 2012. So if you are just beginning your academic career or if you are already working as an accounting or bookkeeping professional and thinking about returning to school, you might want to consider looking into a CPA program. Before you get started though, there are a few things you’ll want to consider. In the sections below we’ll take a look at some of the criteria that needs to be met by CPA’s everywhere as well as some items that are specific to the state of Kansas.
Kansas CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional and educational requirements that Certified Public Accountants wishing to sit for a CPA exam are required to meet will vary from state to state. With that said, there are some fairly standard criteria expected to be met by potential CPA’s everywhere. So before we review the state requirements for Kansas let’s take a look at some of the criteria required of CPA’s in all 50 states:
- Any potential CPA licensee that wishes to sit for a licensing exam will be expected to have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting or closely related major
- During the course of the above-mentioned degree program the potential licensee will have completed at least 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the potential licensee will have took the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is often taken over a period of up 18 months and is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the potential licensee has completed at least one year of appropriate employment in the field of accounting or in closely related position
The state of Kansas requires that anyone sitting for a CPA licensing exam has fulfilled the following requirements:
- As mentioned above that the CPA applicant has completed a baccalaureate degree program or higher from a college or university recognized by the State Board of Accountancy and the require 150 semester units are distributed as follows:
- At least 42 semester credit hours in business and general education courses including courses in: macro and microeconomics plus one upper-division economics course; at least two courses in the legal aspects of business or business law; management and administration; marketing; production, operations research, or applications of quantitative techniques to business problems; College algebra or math equivalent;
As well as:
- At least 11 semester units in written and oral communications and at least 30 semester units in accounting theory and practice including courses in: financial accounting, auditing, income tax, managerial accounting and accounting systems
To read in greater detail about Kansas CPA requirements, visit the Kansas Board of Accountancy page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about Certified Public Accountant programs in Kansas, just use the search feature on this page. You can also read all about bookkeeping and accounting careers and find a variety of useful information by visiting our main page and checking out our sidebar links. Why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Kansas
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!