Certified Public Accountants working in Kentucky are some of the best compensated professionals in the state. According to the state of Kentucky’s Labor Market Information page, the median salary for CPA’s in Kentucky was $54,600 in 2012. So if you are just getting started in your academic career or if you are already employed as an accounting or bookkeeping professional and thinking about restarting your educational pursuits, you might want to consider the possibility of enrolling in a CPA program. However, before you get started there are a number of things you will want to take into account. In the paragraphs below we will look a little closer at some of the requirements that need to be fulfilled by CPA’s everywhere as well as some items that are unique to the state of Kentucky.
Kentucky CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional requirements that Certified Public Accountants are expected to attain prior to sitting for a state licensing exam are going to differ from state to state. With that said, there are some essential criteria that CPA’s everywhere are expected to meet. Before we look a little closer at the state requirements for Kentucky, we’ll take a look at some standardized requirements for Certified Public Accountants in all 50 states:
- First, that all those wishing to apply for a CPA licensee are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year institution with a major in accounting or closely related field of study
- That during the course of that degree program, the CPA applicant will have completed at least 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That those applying for a CPA license have taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the CPA applicant has completed at least one year of appropriate employment in an accounting related position or one that is very similar
The state of Kentucky also requires that all those seeking a CPA license:
- Are at least 18 years old and of good moral character
- Are a graduate of an accredited university with a bachelor or master’s degree with a major in the area of accounting
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of 39 semester hours in business-related subjects with at least 27 semester hours consists of accounting courses
To read more about the state of Kentucky’s CPA requirements, visit Kentucky’s Board of Accountancy page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA programs in the state of Kentucky, use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also learn more about bookkeeping and accounting classes as well as a variety of career information by visiting our main page . Why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Kentucky
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor degree programs for careers in the business, health care, criminal justice, paralegal studies and computer technology fields.