Certified Public Accountants licensed to work in Louisiana are some of the best paid professionals in state. According to Louisiana Workforce Commission the median salary for CPA’s in Louisiana was $56,400 in 2012. So if you are just beginning to pursue your degree or if you are already working in the field of accounting and thinking about heading back to school, you might want to think about the advantages of enrolling in a CPA program. But before you get started there are a few things you will want to think over and we’d like to help! In the pages below we’ll review not only the standard requirements for CPA’s across all 50 states, but also some items that are specific to the state of Louisiana.
Louisiana CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional and educational criteria that Certified Public Accountants are expected to meet before they can sit for a state licensing exam will vary from state to state. Below we’ll take a look at some of the CPA requirements that are specific to the state of Louisiana, but first let’s review some fairly standardized requirements for CPA’s everywhere:
- All those that apply for a CPA license are expected to have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited 4-year university in accounting or a related field of study
- That during the course of that baccalaureate program, the applicant for CPA licensure will have completed at least 150 semester unites of college coursework
- That the applicant for a CPA license has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is usually taken over a period of 9 to 18 months
- That the applicant for CPA licensure has completed at least one year of full-time employment as an accounting professional or a closely related position
The state of Louisiana also requires that all those seeking a CPA license be of good moral character and able to meet the following educational requirements:
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an academic institution recognized by the State Board of Accountancy
- That the applicant has completed 24 semester hours of business courses other than accounting, including a minimum of 3 semester hours in commercial law
- That the applicant has completed an accounting concentration of 24 semester hours at the undergraduate level or 21 semester hours on the graduate level
To read in greater detail about Louisiana’s CPA requirements visit The State Board of Certified Public Accounts of Louisiana page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about CPA programs in the state of Louisiana, you can get started by using the search feature at the top of this page. Also be sure to visit our main page where you’ll a ton of great information on bookkeeping and accounting training programs and the schools that offer them. Why not get started on an exciting career as an accounting professional today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Louisiana
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor