Certified Public Accountants licensed to work in Louisiana are some of the best paid professionals in state. According to Louisiana Workforce Commission the median salary for CPA’s in Louisiana was $56,400 in 2012. So if you are just beginning to pursue your degree or if you are already working in the field of accounting and thinking about heading back to school, you might want to think about the advantages of enrolling in a CPA program. But before you get started there are a few things you will want to think over and we’d like to help! In the pages below we’ll review not only the standard requirements for CPA’s across all 50 states, but also some items that are specific to the state of Louisiana.
Louisiana CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional and educational criteria that Certified Public Accountants are expected to meet before they can sit for a state licensing exam will vary from state to state. Below we’ll take a look at some of the CPA requirements that are specific to the state of Louisiana, but first let’s review some fairly standardized requirements for CPA’s everywhere:
- All those that apply for a CPA license are expected to have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited 4-year university in accounting or a related field of study
- That during the course of that baccalaureate program, the applicant for CPA licensure will have completed at least 150 semester unites of college coursework
- That the applicant for a CPA license has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is usually taken over a period of 9 to 18 months
- That the applicant for CPA licensure has completed at least one year of full-time employment as an accounting professional or a closely related position
The state of Louisiana also requires that all those seeking a CPA license be of good moral character and able to meet the following educational requirements:
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an academic institution recognized by the State Board of Accountancy
- That the applicant has completed 24 semester hours of business courses other than accounting, including a minimum of 3 semester hours in commercial law
- That the applicant has completed an accounting concentration of 24 semester hours at the undergraduate level or 21 semester hours on the graduate level
To read in greater detail about Louisiana’s CPA requirements visit The State Board of Certified Public Accounts of Louisiana page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about CPA programs in the state of Louisiana, you can get started by using the search feature at the top of this page. Also be sure to visit our main page where you’ll a ton of great information on bookkeeping and accounting training programs and the schools that offer them. Why not get started on an exciting career as an accounting professional today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Louisiana
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!