Certified Public Accountants licensed to work in Louisiana are some of the best paid professionals in state. According to Louisiana Workforce Commission the median salary for CPA’s in Louisiana was $56,400 in 2012. So if you are just beginning to pursue your degree or if you are already working in the field of accounting and thinking about heading back to school, you might want to think about the advantages of enrolling in a CPA program. But before you get started there are a few things you will want to think over and we’d like to help! In the pages below we’ll review not only the standard requirements for CPA’s across all 50 states, but also some items that are specific to the state of Louisiana.
Louisiana CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional and educational criteria that Certified Public Accountants are expected to meet before they can sit for a state licensing exam will vary from state to state. Below we’ll take a look at some of the CPA requirements that are specific to the state of Louisiana, but first let’s review some fairly standardized requirements for CPA’s everywhere:
- All those that apply for a CPA license are expected to have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited 4-year university in accounting or a related field of study
- That during the course of that baccalaureate program, the applicant for CPA licensure will have completed at least 150 semester unites of college coursework
- That the applicant for a CPA license has taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is usually taken over a period of 9 to 18 months
- That the applicant for CPA licensure has completed at least one year of full-time employment as an accounting professional or a closely related position
The state of Louisiana also requires that all those seeking a CPA license be of good moral character and able to meet the following educational requirements:
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an academic institution recognized by the State Board of Accountancy
- That the applicant has completed 24 semester hours of business courses other than accounting, including a minimum of 3 semester hours in commercial law
- That the applicant has completed an accounting concentration of 24 semester hours at the undergraduate level or 21 semester hours on the graduate level
To read in greater detail about Louisiana’s CPA requirements visit The State Board of Certified Public Accounts of Louisiana page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about CPA programs in the state of Louisiana, you can get started by using the search feature at the top of this page. Also be sure to visit our main page where you’ll a ton of great information on bookkeeping and accounting training programs and the schools that offer them. Why not get started on an exciting career as an accounting professional today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Louisiana
- Payroll Clerk
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Business Administration: Bookkeeping
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting