Those that wish to sit for a Certified Public Accountant exam in the state of Maine are beginning a process that could make them among the highest paid professionals in the state. The Maine Center for Workforce Research and Information reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Maine was $55,100 in 2012. So if you are just getting started in your studies or if you are presently working in the field of accounting and considering going back to school, you might want to think about the possibility of starting a CPA degree program. Before you start any educational pursuit you’re going want to know just what you’re getting yourself in for. That’s why on this page we’ll try to organize some of the criteria you need to be aware of not just for CPA’s living in Maine but some of the CPA requirements that are typical for those seeking a license across all 50 states.
Maine CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional requirements that a Certified Public Accountant is expected to meet before they can take a licensing exam are going to differ from state to state. Below we’ll take a look at some of the CPA requirements that are specific to the state of Maine, but first we’ll review some fairly standard requirements expected to be met by CPA’s everywhere:
- It is generally required that all those seeking a CPA license are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in accounting or a related field
- That during the course of those studies, the license applicant will have completed at least 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the license applicant has taken and passed the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is usually taken over a period of a year or more
- That the license applicant will have completed at least one year of full-time employment in an accounting position or one that is closely related to the field
The state of Maine also mandates that anyone who wishes to sit for a CPA licensing exam be of good moral character and:
- Will have earned at least a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university approved by the State Board of Accountancy and will have completed at least 120 semester units during completion of that degree
- Will have completed 15 semester units in one or more of the following courses: financial accounting and reporting for business organizations, managerial or cost accounting, internal controls and risk assessment, financial statement analysis, accounting research and analysis, tax research and analysis, accounting information systems, financial accounting and reporting for government and not-for-profit entities, auditing and attestation services. taxation, or fraud examination
- At least 3 semester hours must be earned in auditing and attestation services.
To read in greater detail about Maine’s CPA requirements visit Maine’s Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation.
Getting Started Is Simple and Easy
If you want to learn more about CPA programs in the state of Maine, you can get started by using the search feature right on this page. Also make sure that you click over to our main page where you can find a lot of great information on bookkeeping and accounting classes and the schools that offer them. There’s also a lot of general information on possible career paths related to bookkeeping and accounting as well!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Maine
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).