Certified Public Accountants who become licensed in Massachusetts are some of the best paid professionals in the state. According to the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, the median salary for CPA’s in Massachusetts was $69,800 in 2012, ranking it 4th among all 50 states. So whether you’re already employed as a business professional and are thinking about continuing your education, or if you’re just getting started with your studies, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA program. But before you get started, there are a few things you will want to read up on. On this page we’ll try to help you get started with some useful information on CPA Licensing requirements.
Massachusetts CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The criteria expectations of all Certified Public Accountants are going to differ from state to state. In the paragraphs below we’ll detail the state-specific requirements for Massachusetts, but first let’s review some fairly standard requirements for certified Public Accountants everywhere.
- Anyone that wishes to sit for a CPA exam is required to have completed their undergraduate studies from an accredited 4-year university with a degree in accounting or closely related field of study
- That during the course of their degree program, the licensee applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the licensee applicant will have taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the licensee applicant has acquired at least one year of suitable employment in an accounting related position or a related field or position
The state of Massachusetts also requires that all those seeking a CPA license be 18 years of age and:
- Will have completed 120 of the 150 semester hours of college or university education from an accredited institution as required for licensure certification
- That within their studies the applicant has completed include 21 semester hours of accounting courses including coverage in: financial accounting, auditing, taxation and management/cost accounting
- And that the applicant will have completed an additional 9 semester hours of business courses including coverage in: business law, finance, information systems, and obtain a bachelor’s degree
To read more about the state of Massachusetts’ CPA licensing requirements visit the Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn out more about accredited CPA programs in the state of Massachusetts, just use the simple search feature located at the top of this page. There’s also plenty of information on bookkeeping and accounting classes as well as a variety of career information over on our main page . Why not get started in a new accounting career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Massachusetts
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, and MBA.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Business Administration specializations include Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of tradition and achievement to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!