Certified Public Accountants who become licensed in Massachusetts are some of the best paid professionals in the state. According to the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, the median salary for CPA’s in Massachusetts was $69,800 in 2012, ranking it 4th among all 50 states. So whether you’re already employed as a business professional and are thinking about continuing your education, or if you’re just getting started with your studies, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA program. But before you get started, there are a few things you will want to read up on. On this page we’ll try to help you get started with some useful information on CPA Licensing requirements.
Massachusetts CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The criteria expectations of all Certified Public Accountants are going to differ from state to state. In the paragraphs below we’ll detail the state-specific requirements for Massachusetts, but first let’s review some fairly standard requirements for certified Public Accountants everywhere.
- Anyone that wishes to sit for a CPA exam is required to have completed their undergraduate studies from an accredited 4-year university with a degree in accounting or closely related field of study
- That during the course of their degree program, the licensee applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the licensee applicant will have taken the four part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- That the licensee applicant has acquired at least one year of suitable employment in an accounting related position or a related field or position
The state of Massachusetts also requires that all those seeking a CPA license be 18 years of age and:
- Will have completed 120 of the 150 semester hours of college or university education from an accredited institution as required for licensure certification
- That within their studies the applicant has completed include 21 semester hours of accounting courses including coverage in: financial accounting, auditing, taxation and management/cost accounting
- And that the applicant will have completed an additional 9 semester hours of business courses including coverage in: business law, finance, information systems, and obtain a bachelor’s degree
To read more about the state of Massachusetts’ CPA licensing requirements visit the Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn out more about accredited CPA programs in the state of Massachusetts, just use the simple search feature located at the top of this page. There’s also plenty of information on bookkeeping and accounting classes as well as a variety of career information over on our main page . Why not get started in a new accounting career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Massachusetts
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science: Accounting
- Master of Science : Accounting - Finance Specialization
- And more...
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor