Certified Public Accountants who become licensed and work in Michigan are some of the best compensated professionals in the state. According to the Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Michigan was $62,100 in 2012, ranking it #17 out of all 50 states. So whether working in an accounting related position and are considering continuing your education, or if you’re just getting started with your studies, you might want to think about enrolling in a CPA degree program. On the page below we’ll provide you with some helpful information that pertains to CPA’s everywhere as well as some items specific to CPA’s in the state of Michigan.
Michigan CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to differ from state to state. But before we take a look at the requirements for the State of Michigan, let’s review some of the more standard requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere:
- CPA license applicants are typically required to have completed their undergraduate studies from an accredited 4-year institution with a degree in accounting or in a closely related concentration
- During the course of their degree program, the CPA license applicant should have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- The CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is given by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- The CPA license applicant will have acquired one year (or 2000 hours)of suitable work experience in an accounting related position or one in a similar field
The state of Michigan also requires that all an individual seeking a CPA license will have completed the following educational requirements:
- That the license applicant will have completed a curriculum required for a baccalaureate degree with a concentration in accounting from an accredited institution – OR-
- That the applicant will have completed a curriculum required for a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a completion of the following subjects of study:
- 3 semester hours in Auditing, 21 semester hours in accounting including study in each of the following: Financial Accounting and Accounting Theory, Managerial Accounting, including Cost Accounting, Accounting Systems and Controls, U.S. Federal Taxation, Governmental/Fund Accounting
- And, 24 semester hours in general business subjects
To read about Michigan’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail visit the page for Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about CPA degree programs in Michigan, just complete the search feature located at the top of this page. There is also a lot of great information on bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes over on our main page . Why not get a leg up on the competition and start working towards your new accounting career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Michigan
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, and MBA.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Business Administration specializations include Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!