Certified Public Accountants who become licensed and work in Michigan are some of the best compensated professionals in the state. According to the Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Michigan was $62,100 in 2012, ranking it #17 out of all 50 states. So whether working in an accounting related position and are considering continuing your education, or if you’re just getting started with your studies, you might want to think about enrolling in a CPA degree program. On the page below we’ll provide you with some helpful information that pertains to CPA’s everywhere as well as some items specific to CPA’s in the state of Michigan.
Michigan CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to differ from state to state. But before we take a look at the requirements for the State of Michigan, let’s review some of the more standard requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere:
- CPA license applicants are typically required to have completed their undergraduate studies from an accredited 4-year institution with a degree in accounting or in a closely related concentration
- During the course of their degree program, the CPA license applicant should have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- The CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is given by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- The CPA license applicant will have acquired one year (or 2000 hours)of suitable work experience in an accounting related position or one in a similar field
The state of Michigan also requires that all an individual seeking a CPA license will have completed the following educational requirements:
- That the license applicant will have completed a curriculum required for a baccalaureate degree with a concentration in accounting from an accredited institution – OR-
- That the applicant will have completed a curriculum required for a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a completion of the following subjects of study:
- 3 semester hours in Auditing, 21 semester hours in accounting including study in each of the following: Financial Accounting and Accounting Theory, Managerial Accounting, including Cost Accounting, Accounting Systems and Controls, U.S. Federal Taxation, Governmental/Fund Accounting
- And, 24 semester hours in general business subjects
To read about Michigan’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail visit the page for Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about CPA degree programs in Michigan, just complete the search feature located at the top of this page. There is also a lot of great information on bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes over on our main page . Why not get a leg up on the competition and start working towards your new accounting career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Michigan
- Payroll Clerk
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Accounting, BBA
- Managerial Accounting, GRC
- Master of Accountancy, MAcc
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting