Certified Public Accountants who acquire their license in Minnesota are some of the most well paid professionals in the state. According to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Minnesota was $59,700 in 2012. So if you are already employed in an accounting related position and are considering returning to your studies, or if you’re just getting started in your academic career, you might want to consider the possibility of enrolling in an accredited CPA degree program. In the paragraphs below we will try to provide you with some information you’ll find pertinent to your pursuits as well as some items specific to Certified Public Accountants in the state of Minnesota.
Minnesota CPA Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional and educational requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to vary from state to state, and Minnesota is no exception. With that said, there are some fairly standard requirements CPA’s everywhere can expect to meet prior to licensing. Some of the more typical ones include:
- That any CPA license applicant will be required to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited 4-year university with a major in accounting or in a closely related concentration
- That during the course of this degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college courses
- That the CPA license applicant will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and typically is taken over a period of 9 to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have accrued a minimum of one year (2000 hours) of relatable work experience in an accounting related position or in a closely related role
The state of Minnesota also requires that all an individual seeking a CPA license will have met the following educational requirements prior to sitting for a state exam:
- That the applicant has achieved a bachelor’s or higher level degree that includes or is supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of accounting courses at the upper division or graduate level. This should include the coverage of, but not necessarily separate courses in financial accounting, auditing, taxation and management accounting
- That the applicant has completed during their course of their studies 24 semester hours of upper division or graduate level courses in financial accounting, auditing, taxation and management accounting
- That the applicant has completed during the course of their studies 24 semester hours in undergraduate or graduate level courses in business-related subjects or accounting
- That of the aforementioned 48 hours of required hours, no more than 6 may be from internships or life experience
To read about Minnesota’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail visit the requirements section of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about CPA degree programs in Minnesota, just fill out the easy to use search feature located at the top of this page. You can also find a lot of helpful information on bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes on our main page . Why not get started on an exciting career in the accounting profession today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Minnesota
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.