Certified Public Accountants who get their CPA license in Missouri will find themselves among the best paid accounting professionals in the state. The Missouri Economic Research and Information Center reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Missouri was $55,200 in 2012. So if you are already employed in an accounting related position and are thinking about returning to school, or if you’re just beginning your studies, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program. In the following paragraphs, we’ll provide you with some key information on the professional requirements for CPA’s well as some items specific to those seeking certification in the state of Missouri.
Missouri CPA Licensing Requirements – A Brief Overview
The professional requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to vary from state to state, and this is true of Missouri as well. While you will want to focus on the items specific to your state when seeking a CPA license, there will be some fairly standard requirements expected to be met by CPA’s across all 50 states. These requirements will typically include:
- That anyone sitting for a CPA licensing exam there will have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited four-year university with a concentration in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related
- That during the course of their studies, The CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the CPA license Applicant will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and usually taken over a period of 9 to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have worked a minimum of one year of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a field of endeavor that is closely related
The state of Missouri also requires that anyone wishing to sit for a state CPA license is of good moral character and has met the following requirements:
- That the CPA license applicant be a resident in Missouri, be regularly employed in Missouri, or have a place of business in Missouri
- The during the CPA license applicant’s completion of 150 semester units in pursuit of their degree have achieved thirty-three semester hours in accounting with at least one course in auditing and at least 18 semester hours of upper division accounting courses
- That during the CPA license applicant’s completion of 150 semester units, they have achieved twenty-seven semester hours in general business courses
To read more about Missouri’s CPA licensing requirements visit the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA degree programs in Missouri, use the simple search feature located at the top of this page. You will also find plenty of useful information on bookkeeping and accounting careers by browsing the sidebar links on our main page . Get started on your new career in accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Missouri
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!