Certified Public Accountants who sit for a CPA licensing exam in Montana will find themselves among the best compensated professionals in the state. The Montana Department of Labor & Industry’s Research & Analysis Bureau reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Montana was $51,700 in 2012. So if you are already working in an accounting related position and are thinking about returning to your studies, or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. On the page below we provide you with what you need to know about requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as some items specific to those seeking a CPA license in the state of Montana.
Montana CPA Requirements – An Inside Look
The requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants are going to differ from state to state, and this is true of Montana as well. While you will want to play close attention to requirements specific to your state when seeking a CPA certification, there are some fairly typical requirements expected to be met by prospective CPA’s everywhere. These requirements will usually include:
- That all CPA license applicants will have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in accounting or in a major that is closely related to accounting
- That during the completion of this program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the CPA license Applicant will have sat for the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have acquired a minimum of one year of experience in the field of accounting or in a position in a field that is closely related
The state of Montana also requires that that any potential CPA licensee has met the following educational requirements:
- That the CPA license applicant has completed at least 24 semester hours of upper division or graduate level accounting classes, including at least one course in each of the following subject areas: auditing, financial accounting, management accounting or taxation
- Additionally, it is required that the CPA license applicant has completed at least 24 semester hours in business related classes
To read more about Montana’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail visit Montana’s Department of Labor & Industry’s Board of Public Accountants page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Montana, use the simple search feature located at the top of this page. You can also discover lots of useful information on bookkeeping and accounting careers by browsing the sidebar links on our main page . Why wait another day? Get started on your new career in accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Montana
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!