Certified Public Accountants who sit for a CPA licensing exam in Montana will find themselves among the best compensated professionals in the state. The Montana Department of Labor & Industry’s Research & Analysis Bureau reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Montana was $51,700 in 2012. So if you are already working in an accounting related position and are thinking about returning to your studies, or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. On the page below we provide you with what you need to know about requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as some items specific to those seeking a CPA license in the state of Montana.
Montana CPA Requirements – An Inside Look
The requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants are going to differ from state to state, and this is true of Montana as well. While you will want to play close attention to requirements specific to your state when seeking a CPA certification, there are some fairly typical requirements expected to be met by prospective CPA’s everywhere. These requirements will usually include:
- That all CPA license applicants will have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in accounting or in a major that is closely related to accounting
- That during the completion of this program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the CPA license Applicant will have sat for the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have acquired a minimum of one year of experience in the field of accounting or in a position in a field that is closely related
The state of Montana also requires that that any potential CPA licensee has met the following educational requirements:
- That the CPA license applicant has completed at least 24 semester hours of upper division or graduate level accounting classes, including at least one course in each of the following subject areas: auditing, financial accounting, management accounting or taxation
- Additionally, it is required that the CPA license applicant has completed at least 24 semester hours in business related classes
To read more about Montana’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail visit Montana’s Department of Labor & Industry’s Board of Public Accountants page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Montana, use the simple search feature located at the top of this page. You can also discover lots of useful information on bookkeeping and accounting careers by browsing the sidebar links on our main page . Why wait another day? Get started on your new career in accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Montana
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Apply current theory to understand buyer behavior, define target markets, identify and evaluate market segments, and demonstrate knowledge of the marketing mix in all functional marketing areas.
- Use market research tools and procedures to estimate market potential, conduct exploratory and descriptive research, forecast demand, and communicate research findings effectively.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the technological, web-based, and global developments that are changing the scope of the marketing discipline.
- Apply current digital technologies or web-based solutions into marketing planning.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills with direct application to business/marketing environments.
- Determine appropriate practices and strategies for ethical marketing decision-making and behavior.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor