Certified Public Accountants who wish to be licensed and sit for a CPA exam in Nebraska will find themselves among the most highly paid professionals in the state. The Nebraska Department of Labor reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Nebraska was $58,100 in 2012. So if you are already employed the field of accounting and are thinking about returning to your studies, or if you’re just beginning your academic career, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program. On the page below we tell you some things you’ll need to know about the requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as some items specific to those seeking a CPA certification in Nebraska.
Nebraska CPA Requirements – An Inside Look
The prerequisites for those seeking a Certified Public Accountant license is going to differ from state to state, and this is true of Nebraska as well. While you should make sure to pay close attention to requirements specific to your state, there are some fairly typical requirements expected to be met by CPA license applicants everywhere. These requirements will usually include:
- That any potential CPA license applicant will have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited university with a major in accounting or in a field of study that is closely related to accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period 9 months to a year and a half
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have been employed a minimum of one year the field of accounting or in a position in a field that is closely related to that of accounting
The state of Nebraska also requires that that any prospective CPA license applicant has met the following educational requirements:
- That the prospective CPA Licensee has completed a minimum of thirty semester units in accounting above the introductory level with the subjects to be covered required to include: financial accounting theory, cost/managerial accounting, taxation, auditing, accounting information systems, and governmental/not-for-profit accounting
- That the prospective CPA Licensee has completed a minimum of thirty-six semester units in general business subjects, with the subjects to be covered required to include: macroeconomics, microeconomics, business law, marketing, management, finance, business communication, business ethics, quantitative applications in business, and principles of accounting.
To read more about Nebraska’s requirements for prospective Certified Public Accountants, please visit the Nebraska Board of Public Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Nebraska, just use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also read all about bookkeeping and accounting careers by browsing and following the sidebar links on our main page . Why not get started on your new career in accounting today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Nebraska
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Enhance organizational performance and create effective traditional and virtual teams through motivation, organizational culture, and change management.
- Address the legal and ethical implications of human resources and administration in an organizational setting.
- Analyze business policy and strategy in relationship to competitors.
- Resolve conflict by utilizing various management styles and best practices.
- Understand employment and compensation requirements including insurance, salary, labor, health, and safety.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science: Accounting
- Master of Science : Accounting - Finance Specialization
- And more...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.