Certified Public Accountants who wish to be licensed and sit for a CPA exam in Nebraska will find themselves among the most highly paid professionals in the state. The Nebraska Department of Labor reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Nebraska was $58,100 in 2012. So if you are already employed the field of accounting and are thinking about returning to your studies, or if you’re just beginning your academic career, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program. On the page below we tell you some things you’ll need to know about the requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as some items specific to those seeking a CPA certification in Nebraska.
Nebraska CPA Requirements – An Inside Look
The prerequisites for those seeking a Certified Public Accountant license is going to differ from state to state, and this is true of Nebraska as well. While you should make sure to pay close attention to requirements specific to your state, there are some fairly typical requirements expected to be met by CPA license applicants everywhere. These requirements will usually include:
- That any potential CPA license applicant will have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited university with a major in accounting or in a field of study that is closely related to accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period 9 months to a year and a half
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have been employed a minimum of one year the field of accounting or in a position in a field that is closely related to that of accounting
The state of Nebraska also requires that that any prospective CPA license applicant has met the following educational requirements:
- That the prospective CPA Licensee has completed a minimum of thirty semester units in accounting above the introductory level with the subjects to be covered required to include: financial accounting theory, cost/managerial accounting, taxation, auditing, accounting information systems, and governmental/not-for-profit accounting
- That the prospective CPA Licensee has completed a minimum of thirty-six semester units in general business subjects, with the subjects to be covered required to include: macroeconomics, microeconomics, business law, marketing, management, finance, business communication, business ethics, quantitative applications in business, and principles of accounting.
To read more about Nebraska’s requirements for prospective Certified Public Accountants, please visit the Nebraska Board of Public Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Nebraska, just use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also read all about bookkeeping and accounting careers by browsing and following the sidebar links on our main page . Why not get started on your new career in accounting today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Nebraska
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!