Certified Public Accountants who wish to be licensed as a CPA professional in Nevada will find themselves ranked among the highest paid working professionals in the state. According to Nevada’s Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation’s Research & Analysis Bureau, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Nevada was $62,550 in 2013. So maybe you are already working in the accounting field and are thinking about going back to school, or maybe you’re just beginning your academic career. Either way, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. On the page below we’ll show you some things you need to know about the requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants across the country as well as some items that are specific to those seeking a CPA license in the state of Nevada.
Nevada CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The requirements demanded of those seeking a Certified Public Accountant license are going to differ from state to state, and Nevada is no exception. While you should always pay close attention to requirements that are specific to your state, there will be some fairly standard requirements expected to be met by potential CPA licensees everywhere. These requirements will typically include:
- That any individual seeking a CPA license will have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in accounting or in a field of study that is closely related to accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the individual seeking a CPA license will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the individual seeking a CPA license will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period 9 months to a year and a half
- That the individual seeking a CPA license will have been employed for a minimum of one year in an accounting-related position or in one that is closely related
The state of Nevada will also require that any individual seeking a CPA license has:
- Completed a minimum of 30 semester hours in Accounting courses above the introductory level with topics that should be covered to include: Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Auditing, and Federal Income Tax, plus an additional 12 hours of accounting electives
- Completed a minimum of 3 semester hours of Business Law
- Completed a minimum24 semester hours in Business at the undergraduate or graduate level. Subjects to be covered should include: Behavior of Organizations, Business Finance, Business Law, Data Processing, Economics, Ethics, Management, Marketing, Oral Communication and Statistics
To read more about Nevada’s requirements for Certified Public Accountants, please visit Nevada’s State Board of Accountancy’s CPA Requirements page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Nevada, simply use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also learn more about bookkeeping and accounting careers by clicking through the sidebar links on our main page . Get started on your new career in accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Nevada
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your online degree from SNHU. Study Anytime, Anywhere. Flexible on your schedule
- Over 200 career-focused online programs, one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- Find your online program today at Snhu.edu and see yourself succeed.
- MS Accounting - Taxation
- MS Accounting
- MS Accounting/Finance
- And more...
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!