Certified Public Accountants who wish to be licensed as a CPA professional in Nevada will find themselves ranked among the highest paid working professionals in the state. According to Nevada’s Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation’s Research & Analysis Bureau, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Nevada was $62,550 in 2013. So maybe you are already working in the accounting field and are thinking about going back to school, or maybe you’re just beginning your academic career. Either way, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. On the page below we’ll show you some things you need to know about the requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants across the country as well as some items that are specific to those seeking a CPA license in the state of Nevada.
Nevada CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The requirements demanded of those seeking a Certified Public Accountant license are going to differ from state to state, and Nevada is no exception. While you should always pay close attention to requirements that are specific to your state, there will be some fairly standard requirements expected to be met by potential CPA licensees everywhere. These requirements will typically include:
- That any individual seeking a CPA license will have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in accounting or in a field of study that is closely related to accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the individual seeking a CPA license will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the individual seeking a CPA license will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period 9 months to a year and a half
- That the individual seeking a CPA license will have been employed for a minimum of one year in an accounting-related position or in one that is closely related
The state of Nevada will also require that any individual seeking a CPA license has:
- Completed a minimum of 30 semester hours in Accounting courses above the introductory level with topics that should be covered to include: Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Auditing, and Federal Income Tax, plus an additional 12 hours of accounting electives
- Completed a minimum of 3 semester hours of Business Law
- Completed a minimum24 semester hours in Business at the undergraduate or graduate level. Subjects to be covered should include: Behavior of Organizations, Business Finance, Business Law, Data Processing, Economics, Ethics, Management, Marketing, Oral Communication and Statistics
To read more about Nevada’s requirements for Certified Public Accountants, please visit Nevada’s State Board of Accountancy’s CPA Requirements page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Nevada, simply use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also learn more about bookkeeping and accounting careers by clicking through the sidebar links on our main page . Get started on your new career in accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Nevada
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!