Certified Public Accountants who wish to be licensed as a CPA professional in Nevada will find themselves ranked among the highest paid working professionals in the state. According to Nevada’s Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation’s Research & Analysis Bureau, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Nevada was $62,550 in 2013. So maybe you are already working in the accounting field and are thinking about going back to school, or maybe you’re just beginning your academic career. Either way, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. On the page below we’ll show you some things you need to know about the requirements demanded of Certified Public Accountants across the country as well as some items that are specific to those seeking a CPA license in the state of Nevada.
Nevada CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The requirements demanded of those seeking a Certified Public Accountant license are going to differ from state to state, and Nevada is no exception. While you should always pay close attention to requirements that are specific to your state, there will be some fairly standard requirements expected to be met by potential CPA licensees everywhere. These requirements will typically include:
- That any individual seeking a CPA license will have completed a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in accounting or in a field of study that is closely related to accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the individual seeking a CPA license will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the individual seeking a CPA license will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period 9 months to a year and a half
- That the individual seeking a CPA license will have been employed for a minimum of one year in an accounting-related position or in one that is closely related
The state of Nevada will also require that any individual seeking a CPA license has:
- Completed a minimum of 30 semester hours in Accounting courses above the introductory level with topics that should be covered to include: Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Auditing, and Federal Income Tax, plus an additional 12 hours of accounting electives
- Completed a minimum of 3 semester hours of Business Law
- Completed a minimum24 semester hours in Business at the undergraduate or graduate level. Subjects to be covered should include: Behavior of Organizations, Business Finance, Business Law, Data Processing, Economics, Ethics, Management, Marketing, Oral Communication and Statistics
To read more about Nevada’s requirements for Certified Public Accountants, please visit Nevada’s State Board of Accountancy’s CPA Requirements page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Nevada, simply use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also learn more about bookkeeping and accounting careers by clicking through the sidebar links on our main page . Get started on your new career in accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Nevada
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Apply knowledge of project leadership theories/practical application in organizations.
- Apply effective written communication and research skills.
- Examine management control, monitoring, and value methods.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills for effective analysis in decision making.
- Assess costs, risks, and benefits of total quality management.
- Analyze the implications of diversity/culture and managing projects in an international setting.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor