Certified Public Accountants who get their CPA license in New Hampshire will have an opportunity to earn an income that will place them among the best paid professionals in the state. According to the New Hampshire Economic & Labor Market Information Bureau, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in New Hampshire was $60,900 in 2012, ranking it 20th across all 50 states. So if you are already working in an accounting job and are thinking about going back to school, or if you’re just beginning your educational pursuits, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. Below we will detail some key information on requirements for CPA’s everywhere as well as some items specific to those seeking a CPA License in the state of New Hampshire.
New Hampshire CPA Licensing Requirements – A Brief Overview
The professional and educational requirements for CPA’s are going to vary from state to state, and New Hampshire is no exception. While you will want to remain focused on items specific to your state while pursuing your CPA license, there are some fairly standard requirements that you will be expected to meet regardless of where your application is being submitted. These requirements will typically include:
- That the CPA license applicant will have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited four-year institution with a concentration in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related to the field of accounting
- That during the course of their degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the CPA license Applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and usually taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will possess a minimum of one year of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a field that is closely related
The state of New Hampshire also requires:
- That the applicant has received a conferred bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or accredited institution
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of 120 credit hours either within the bachelor’s degree or earned outside the bachelor’s from a recognized university or an accredited institution
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of 24 semester hours in business, of which 12 must be in the area of accounting and that they have been earned either within the degree program or earned outside of the degree program from a recognized university or accredited institution
To read more about New Hampshire’s CPA licensing requirements visit the state of New Hampshire’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about accredited CPA degree programs in New Hampshire, just use the search feature located at the top of this page. You will also find a lot of great information on bookkeeping and accounting careers by browsing through the links on our main page . Why not get started on your new accounting or bookkeeping career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in New Hampshire
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!