Certified Public Accountants who get their CPA license in New Hampshire will have an opportunity to earn an income that will place them among the best paid professionals in the state. According to the New Hampshire Economic & Labor Market Information Bureau, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in New Hampshire was $60,900 in 2012, ranking it 20th across all 50 states. So if you are already working in an accounting job and are thinking about going back to school, or if you’re just beginning your educational pursuits, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. Below we will detail some key information on requirements for CPA’s everywhere as well as some items specific to those seeking a CPA License in the state of New Hampshire.
New Hampshire CPA Licensing Requirements – A Brief Overview
The professional and educational requirements for CPA’s are going to vary from state to state, and New Hampshire is no exception. While you will want to remain focused on items specific to your state while pursuing your CPA license, there are some fairly standard requirements that you will be expected to meet regardless of where your application is being submitted. These requirements will typically include:
- That the CPA license applicant will have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited four-year institution with a concentration in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related to the field of accounting
- That during the course of their degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the CPA license Applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and usually taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will possess a minimum of one year of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a field that is closely related
The state of New Hampshire also requires:
- That the applicant has received a conferred bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or accredited institution
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of 120 credit hours either within the bachelor’s degree or earned outside the bachelor’s from a recognized university or an accredited institution
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of 24 semester hours in business, of which 12 must be in the area of accounting and that they have been earned either within the degree program or earned outside of the degree program from a recognized university or accredited institution
To read more about New Hampshire’s CPA licensing requirements visit the state of New Hampshire’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about accredited CPA degree programs in New Hampshire, just use the search feature located at the top of this page. You will also find a lot of great information on bookkeeping and accounting careers by browsing through the links on our main page . Why not get started on your new accounting or bookkeeping career today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in New Hampshire
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Apply managerial and business processes to information systems.
- Conduct systems analysis to manage complex projects.
- Design business intelligence solutions to meet organizational objectives.
- Analyze complex data to support strategic decision making
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science: Accounting
- Associate of Applied Science: Accounting
- Master of Science : Accounting - Finance Specialization
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.