Certified Public Accountants who become licensed to practice in New Mexico will find themselves among the best paid accounting professionals in the state. The New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions Economic Research and Analysis Bureau reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in New Mexico was $55,000 in 2012. So if you are working in the field of accounting and you are thinking about going back to school, or if you’re simply at the beginning of your academic career, you might want to think about enrolling in an accredited CPA degree program. Below we will provide you with some need-to-know details about the requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as items specific to those seeking a CPA certification in New Mexico.
New Mexico CPA Licensing Requirements – A Closer Look
The requirements for those seeking a Certified Public Accountant license are going to differ from state to state. While it’s always a good idea to adhere primarily to the requirements specific to your state during your exam prep, there are some requirements that are fairly typical of those to be met by CPA license applicants everywhere. These requirements will usually include:
- That the CPA license applicant will have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a major in accounting or in a field of study that is closely related to that of accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have been employed a minimum of one year-full time (2000 hours) in a position in the field of accounting or in a position in a field that is closely related to that of accounting
The state of New Mexico also requires that all CPA license applicants can meet the following requirements:
- That the applicant is of good moral character
- That the applicant is at least 18 years of age
- That the CPA license applicant does possess at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited academic institution, of which at least 30 hours must be in accounting and that no more than three of those hours are in the area of business law
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about accredited CPA degree programs in New Mexico, simply use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also learn all about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by following the sidebar links on our main page . Get started on your new career and get an edge on the competition!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in New Mexico
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- Accounting B.S.
- Business Administration Emphasis in Accounting B.S.
- Small Business Management A.A.S.
- Business Management- Accounting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting