Certified Public Accountants who become licensed to practice in New Mexico will find themselves among the best paid accounting professionals in the state. The New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions Economic Research and Analysis Bureau reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in New Mexico was $55,000 in 2012. So if you are working in the field of accounting and you are thinking about going back to school, or if you’re simply at the beginning of your academic career, you might want to think about enrolling in an accredited CPA degree program. Below we will provide you with some need-to-know details about the requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as items specific to those seeking a CPA certification in New Mexico.
New Mexico CPA Licensing Requirements – A Closer Look
The requirements for those seeking a Certified Public Accountant license are going to differ from state to state. While it’s always a good idea to adhere primarily to the requirements specific to your state during your exam prep, there are some requirements that are fairly typical of those to be met by CPA license applicants everywhere. These requirements will usually include:
- That the CPA license applicant will have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a major in accounting or in a field of study that is closely related to that of accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have been employed a minimum of one year-full time (2000 hours) in a position in the field of accounting or in a position in a field that is closely related to that of accounting
The state of New Mexico also requires that all CPA license applicants can meet the following requirements:
- That the applicant is of good moral character
- That the applicant is at least 18 years of age
- That the CPA license applicant does possess at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited academic institution, of which at least 30 hours must be in accounting and that no more than three of those hours are in the area of business law
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about accredited CPA degree programs in New Mexico, simply use the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also learn all about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by following the sidebar links on our main page . Get started on your new career and get an edge on the competition!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in New Mexico
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.