Certified Public Accountants who acquire a certification in North Carolina will find themselves among the most highly compensated accounting professionals in the state. According to North Carolina’s Department of Commerce’s Labor and Analysis page the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in North Carolina was $60,900 in 2012. So if you are working in the field of accounting and you are thinking about returning to your studies, or if you’re just at the beginning of your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA degree program. In the paragraphs below we will provide you with need-to-know details about the requirements for CPA’s everywhere as well as details specific to applicants seeking a CPA license in North Carolina.
North Carolina CPA Licensing Requirements – A Closer Look
The educational and professional requirements for CPA’s are going to differ from state to state. So while it’s always a great idea to pay close attention to the requirements specific to your state during your studies, you can rest assured that there will be some fairly standard requirements for prospective CPA license holders everywhere. These requirements will usually include:
- That CPA license applicant will have completed a degree program from an accredited 4-year university with a concentration in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related to that of accounting
- That during the completion of this degree program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the CPA license applicant will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is usually taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have been employed for a minimum of one year in an accounting related job or in a position in a similar field of endeavor
The state of North Carolina also requires:
- That any potential CPA license holder is a citizen of the United States, have declared the intention of becoming a citizen, or be a resident alien
- That any potential CPA license holder must be at least 18 years old and be of good moral character
- That any potential CPA license holder must also have attained a bachelor’s degree from a university that is accredited by one of the regionally accredited associations in any subject that includes, or is supplemented by, 30 semester hours in accounting
To learn more about North Carolina’s CPA requirements visit North Carolina’s State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners page.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree programs in North Carolina, you can quickly find information on schools and programs by using the search feature located at the top of this page. You can also find out more about bookkeeping and accounting careers by clicking over to our main page . Get an edge on the competition in today’s competitive job market and get started on your degree in accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in North Carolina
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting