Certified Public Accountants who earn a certification in North Dakota will find themselves among the most highly paid accounting professionals in the state. According to Job Service North Dakota the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in North Dakota was $51,200 in 2012. So if you are already employed in the field of accounting and are thinking about going back to school, or even if you’re just getting started in your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA degree program. In the paragraphs below we will provide you with need-to-know details about requirements for CPA’s everywhere as well as details specific to applicants seeking an Accounting Certification in North Dakota.
North Dakota CPA Licensing Requirements – A Closer Look
The educational and professional requirements for CPA’s are going to vary from state to state. It’s always a good idea to pay close attention to the requirements specific to your state during your studies, but you will be glad to know that the requirements for prospective CPA license holders everywhere are fairly standardized. These requirements will usually include:
- That prospective CPA license applicant will have completed an accredited degree program from an accredited 4-year institution with a concentration in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related to that of accounting
- That during the completion of their studies, the prospective CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 hours of college classes
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is usually taken over a period of up to 1.5 years
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have been employed for a minimum of one year in a position in the field of accounting or in a position in a similar field of work
The state of North Dakota also requires that all prospective CPA License holders:
- Are of good moral character
- Have completed at least 150 semester hours of college education including a baccalaureate or higher degree or their equivalent conferred by a college or university acceptable to the board
- That the completed degree program includes a minimum of an accounting concentration of 24 semester credits or equivalent of accounting education
- That the completed degree program includes a minimum of 24 credits of other business courses or equivalent
To learn more about North Dakota’s CPA requirements visit the page of the North Dakota CPA Society.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree programs in North Dakota, you can find information on schools and programs by using the search feature located on this page. You can also learn more about bookkeeping and accounting careers by clicking over to our main page and following the sidebar links. Get an edge on the competition in today’s competitive job market and get started on your new career in the field of accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in North Dakota
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!