Certified Public Accountants who earn a certification in North Dakota will find themselves among the most highly paid accounting professionals in the state. According to Job Service North Dakota the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in North Dakota was $51,200 in 2012. So if you are already employed in the field of accounting and are thinking about going back to school, or even if you’re just getting started in your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA degree program. In the paragraphs below we will provide you with need-to-know details about requirements for CPA’s everywhere as well as details specific to applicants seeking an Accounting Certification in North Dakota.
North Dakota CPA Licensing Requirements – A Closer Look
The educational and professional requirements for CPA’s are going to vary from state to state. It’s always a good idea to pay close attention to the requirements specific to your state during your studies, but you will be glad to know that the requirements for prospective CPA license holders everywhere are fairly standardized. These requirements will usually include:
- That prospective CPA license applicant will have completed an accredited degree program from an accredited 4-year institution with a concentration in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related to that of accounting
- That during the completion of their studies, the prospective CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 hours of college classes
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is usually taken over a period of up to 1.5 years
- That the prospective CPA license applicant will have been employed for a minimum of one year in a position in the field of accounting or in a position in a similar field of work
The state of North Dakota also requires that all prospective CPA License holders:
- Are of good moral character
- Have completed at least 150 semester hours of college education including a baccalaureate or higher degree or their equivalent conferred by a college or university acceptable to the board
- That the completed degree program includes a minimum of an accounting concentration of 24 semester credits or equivalent of accounting education
- That the completed degree program includes a minimum of 24 credits of other business courses or equivalent
To learn more about North Dakota’s CPA requirements visit the page of the North Dakota CPA Society.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree programs in North Dakota, you can find information on schools and programs by using the search feature located on this page. You can also learn more about bookkeeping and accounting careers by clicking over to our main page and following the sidebar links. Get an edge on the competition in today’s competitive job market and get started on your new career in the field of accounting today!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in North Dakota
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Apply managerial and business processes to information systems.
- Conduct systems analysis to manage complex projects.
- Design business intelligence solutions to meet organizational objectives.
- Analyze complex data to support strategic decision making
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Advanced Accounting - D.B.A.
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor