Certified Public Accountants that earn a certification in Oklahoma will find themselves among the highest paid accounting professionals in the state. According to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in the state of Oklahoma was $52,200 in 2012. So if you are already working in the field of accounting and you are thinking about going back to school, or if you’re just beginning your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program. On the page below we’ll give you an overview of key information pertaining to the requirements for CPA’s everywhere as well as some details specific to applicants seeking a CPA license in Oklahoma.
Oklahoma CPA Licensing Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional requirements for CPA’s are going to vary considerably from state to state. While it’s always a benefit to any certification applicant to prepare to meet the requirements specific to your state, it also helps to understand that the requirements for prospective CPAs everywhere are fairly standard. These requirements will typically include:
- That the CPA license applicant will have completed a degree program from an accredited university with a major in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related to the field of accounting
- That during the completion of that program, the CPA license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 hours of college classes
- That the CPA license applicant will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period of up to 18 months
- That the CPA license applicant will have been employed for a minimum of one year in a position in the field of accounting or in a position in a closely related field of endeavor
The state of Oklahoma also requires that any CPA license applicants have:
- Completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college education including a baccalaureate or higher degree
- Completed a minimum of 76 semester hours of upper-division level courses with a minimum of 30 semester hours of accounting course credits above principles of accounting or introductory accounting, including at least one auditing or assurance course
- Completed a minimum of 9 semester hours of upper division-level related course credit in any or all of the subjects: economics, statistics, finance, marketing, business management, business law, business communication, financial information systems, risk management and computer science
To learn more about Oklahoma’s CPA requirements visit Oklahoma’s Accountancy Board website.
Getting Started Is Easy
If you want to learn more about CPA degree programs in Oklahoma, you can find information on schools and classes by using the search feature at the top of this page. You can also learn more about bookkeeping and accounting careers on our main page by browsing through the sidebar links. Why not get started on your new career in the field of accounting today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Oklahoma
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!