Certified Public Accountants who acquire their CPA license in the state of Oregon will find themselves among the highest paid accounting professionals in their state. According to the Oregon Labor Market Information System the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in the state of Oregon was $58,500 in 2012. So if you are already working in the field of accounting and you are thinking about going back to school, or if you’re just getting started on your studies, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program. In the paragraphs below we’ll give you an overview of common information pertaining to the requirements for Certified Public Accountants everywhere as well as details specific to those seeking a CPA license in the state of Oregon.
Oregon CPA Licensing Requirements – A Closer Look
The professional requirements for CPA’s are going to differ considerably from state to state. It’s always of benefit to the applicant seeking licensure to prepare themselves to meet the requirements specific to their state. That being said, it also helps to understand that the requirements for prospective CPAs everywhere are fairly standard. These requirements will usually include:
- That the CPA license applicant will have completed a degree program from an accredited university with an emphasis in accounting or in a concentration that is closely related to that of the field of accounting
- That during the completion of the previously mentioned program, the license applicant will have completed a minimum of 150 units of college coursework
- That the license applicant will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is typically taken over a period of up to one and one-half years
- That the CPA license applicant will have been employed for a minimum of one year (equivalent of 2000 hours) in an accounting-related position or in a position in a closely related field of endeavor
For those seeking a CPA license in the state of Oregon, here are a few things you should be aware of:
- For those applicants who have qualified and sat for the exam after January 1, 2000, there is a 12-month experience requirement. The applicants must have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework including a bachelor degree with 24 semester hours in accounting and 24 semester hours in accounting and/or related subjects
- Applicants that attended college classes and received grades prior to January 1, 2000 without the completion of 150 semester hours can choose to complete the requirement and meet the experience requirement with completion of 12-months qualifying experience under the supervision of a state-approved supervisor licensee
- CPA certificate applicants must demonstrate competency in seven core competencies
- Applicants must take and pass a state-approved approved course in ethics
- All prospective CPA applicants must complete and submit an application form to the Board office with the appropriate fees
To learn more about Oregon’s CPA requirements you can visit the State of Oregon’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
If you want to learn more about CPA degree programs in Oregon, you can find information on schools and classes by using the search feature right on this page. You can also learn a great deal more about bookkeeping and accounting careers on our main page by clicking through the sidebar links. Why not get started in working towards a degree in the field of accounting today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Oregon
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.