According to the Arizona Department of Administration, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Arizona was $57,100 in 2012. Maybe you are already working as a bookkeeper in Arizona and you’re thinking about becoming a CPA. Or perhaps you are just beginning your college career. Whichever is the case there are few things you’ll want to look at before getting started. Below you will find a brief summary of need to know items about professional and Arizona state specific CPA requirements.
Arizona CPA Requirements –A Quick Review
Certified Public Accountant requirements will always differ in the details from state to state, but there will be some standard requirements that should stay the same no matter where you are pursuing your CPA License. Like most other states, the requirements for CPA licensure in Arizona will be a hybrid of professional and state-specific requirements that need to be adhered to before licensing can occur.
Professional requirements for CPA’s often include:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent degree from a related field of study
- A minimum of 150 semester hours of college units from a state approved accredited institution. Keep in mind that most 4 year degree programs require in the neighborhood of 120 semester hours
- Work experience in an accounting-related position. A good number of state accountancy boards will require a previous work history before an individual can apply for licensure and sit for a state CPA Licensing Exam
- The requirement of passing the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The State of Arizona requires that all individual applying for a CPA license:
- Prospective State of Arizona CPA licensees are required to have completed coursework including an accounting concentration of 36 hours and 30 additional hours including the following:
- The cost of CPA certification in Arizona is currently $100
- 2000 hours of paid or unpaid experience either before or after passing all the sections of the exam for Certified Public Accountants
- A passing score (90% or better) on an examination in professional ethics offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants or AICPA
- Business administration
- Computer science, information systems or data processing
- Business law
- College algebra or more advanced mathematics
- Advanced written communication
- Advanced oral communication
To read all of Arizona’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail you can visit Arizona’s State Board of Accountancy site by clicking here.
Get Started Today!
If you like what you’ve read and you want to learn more about becoming a CPA or accounting careers in Arizona, then getting started is easy. Just use the search feature at the top of this page to start exploring bookkeeping and accounting programs near you.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Arizona
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.