According to the Arizona Department of Administration, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Arizona was $57,100 in 2012. Maybe you are already working as a bookkeeper in Arizona and you’re thinking about becoming a CPA. Or perhaps you are just beginning your college career. Whichever is the case there are few things you’ll want to look at before getting started. Below you will find a brief summary of need to know items about professional and Arizona state specific CPA requirements.
Arizona CPA Requirements –A Quick Review
Certified Public Accountant requirements will always differ in the details from state to state, but there will be some standard requirements that should stay the same no matter where you are pursuing your CPA License. Like most other states, the requirements for CPA licensure in Arizona will be a hybrid of professional and state-specific requirements that need to be adhered to before licensing can occur.
Professional requirements for CPA’s often include:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent degree from a related field of study
- A minimum of 150 semester hours of college units from a state approved accredited institution. Keep in mind that most 4 year degree programs require in the neighborhood of 120 semester hours
- Work experience in an accounting-related position. A good number of state accountancy boards will require a previous work history before an individual can apply for licensure and sit for a state CPA Licensing Exam
- The requirement of passing the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The State of Arizona requires that all individual applying for a CPA license:
- Prospective State of Arizona CPA licensees are required to have completed coursework including an accounting concentration of 36 hours and 30 additional hours including the following:
- The cost of CPA certification in Arizona is currently $100
- 2000 hours of paid or unpaid experience either before or after passing all the sections of the exam for Certified Public Accountants
- A passing score (90% or better) on an examination in professional ethics offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants or AICPA
- Business administration
- Computer science, information systems or data processing
- Business law
- College algebra or more advanced mathematics
- Advanced written communication
- Advanced oral communication
To read all of Arizona’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail you can visit Arizona’s State Board of Accountancy site by clicking here.
Get Started Today!
If you like what you’ve read and you want to learn more about becoming a CPA or accounting careers in Arizona, then getting started is easy. Just use the search feature at the top of this page to start exploring bookkeeping and accounting programs near you.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Arizona
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Apply current theory to understand buyer behavior, define target markets, identify and evaluate market segments, and demonstrate knowledge of the marketing mix in all functional marketing areas.
- Use market research tools and procedures to estimate market potential, conduct exploratory and descriptive research, forecast demand, and communicate research findings effectively.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the technological, web-based, and global developments that are changing the scope of the marketing discipline.
- Apply current digital technologies or web-based solutions into marketing planning.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills with direct application to business/marketing environments.
- Determine appropriate practices and strategies for ethical marketing decision-making and behavior.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Accounting - Associate
- Accounting - MBA (Master's)
- Accounting - Bachelor