According to the Arizona Department of Administration, the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Arizona was $57,100 in 2012. Maybe you are already working as a bookkeeper in Arizona and you’re thinking about becoming a CPA. Or perhaps you are just beginning your college career. Whichever is the case there are few things you’ll want to look at before getting started. Below you will find a brief summary of need to know items about professional and Arizona state specific CPA requirements.
Arizona CPA Requirements –A Quick Review
Certified Public Accountant requirements will always differ in the details from state to state, but there will be some standard requirements that should stay the same no matter where you are pursuing your CPA License. Like most other states, the requirements for CPA licensure in Arizona will be a hybrid of professional and state-specific requirements that need to be adhered to before licensing can occur.
Professional requirements for CPA’s often include:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent degree from a related field of study
- A minimum of 150 semester hours of college units from a state approved accredited institution. Keep in mind that most 4 year degree programs require in the neighborhood of 120 semester hours
- Work experience in an accounting-related position. A good number of state accountancy boards will require a previous work history before an individual can apply for licensure and sit for a state CPA Licensing Exam
- The requirement of passing the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The State of Arizona requires that all individual applying for a CPA license:
- Prospective State of Arizona CPA licensees are required to have completed coursework including an accounting concentration of 36 hours and 30 additional hours including the following:
- The cost of CPA certification in Arizona is currently $100
- 2000 hours of paid or unpaid experience either before or after passing all the sections of the exam for Certified Public Accountants
- A passing score (90% or better) on an examination in professional ethics offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants or AICPA
- Business administration
- Computer science, information systems or data processing
- Business law
- College algebra or more advanced mathematics
- Advanced written communication
- Advanced oral communication
To read all of Arizona’s CPA licensing requirements in greater detail you can visit Arizona’s State Board of Accountancy site by clicking here.
Get Started Today!
If you like what you’ve read and you want to learn more about becoming a CPA or accounting careers in Arizona, then getting started is easy. Just use the search feature at the top of this page to start exploring bookkeeping and accounting programs near you.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Arizona
- Payroll Clerk
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Accounting (BS)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting