Certified Public Accountants who acquire their license in Utah will place themselves among the highest paid accounting professionals in the state. The Utah Department of Workforce Services reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Utah was $60,000 in 2012. So whether you are currently employed as an accounting professional and are considering a return to school, or if you’re just at the beginning of your academic career, you should definitely consider enrollment in an accredited CPA program.
Utah CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The educational requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to vary from state to state, and this is true of Utah as well. So while you should prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to meet prior to taking a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- All potential CPA licensees are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the potential licensee will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is closely related to the field of accounting
The state of Utah also has a number of requirements that will differ greatly depending upon your field of study and whether or not you have completed a graduate or undergraduate degree. To read about the requirements for the state of Utah in greater detail you can visit the website of the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants. In addition to determining whether you have met the necessary educational requirements for the state, the site will also provide some great information and insights for accounting professionals working in Utah.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA programs in the state of Utah you can get started by using the search feature located on this page. You can also discover tons of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links over on the main page. There’s no better time than right now to get started on a new accounting career!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Utah
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting