Certified Public Accountants who acquire their license in Utah will place themselves among the highest paid accounting professionals in the state. The Utah Department of Workforce Services reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Utah was $60,000 in 2012. So whether you are currently employed as an accounting professional and are considering a return to school, or if you’re just at the beginning of your academic career, you should definitely consider enrollment in an accredited CPA program.
Utah CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The educational requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to vary from state to state, and this is true of Utah as well. So while you should prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to meet prior to taking a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- All potential CPA licensees are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the potential licensee will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is closely related to the field of accounting
The state of Utah also has a number of requirements that will differ greatly depending upon your field of study and whether or not you have completed a graduate or undergraduate degree. To read about the requirements for the state of Utah in greater detail you can visit the website of the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants. In addition to determining whether you have met the necessary educational requirements for the state, the site will also provide some great information and insights for accounting professionals working in Utah.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA programs in the state of Utah you can get started by using the search feature located on this page. You can also discover tons of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links over on the main page. There’s no better time than right now to get started on a new accounting career!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Utah
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy