Certified Public Accountants who acquire their license in Utah will place themselves among the highest paid accounting professionals in the state. The Utah Department of Workforce Services reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Utah was $60,000 in 2012. So whether you are currently employed as an accounting professional and are considering a return to school, or if you’re just at the beginning of your academic career, you should definitely consider enrollment in an accredited CPA program.
Utah CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The educational requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to vary from state to state, and this is true of Utah as well. So while you should prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to meet prior to taking a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- All potential CPA licensees are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the potential licensee will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is closely related to the field of accounting
The state of Utah also has a number of requirements that will differ greatly depending upon your field of study and whether or not you have completed a graduate or undergraduate degree. To read about the requirements for the state of Utah in greater detail you can visit the website of the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants. In addition to determining whether you have met the necessary educational requirements for the state, the site will also provide some great information and insights for accounting professionals working in Utah.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA programs in the state of Utah you can get started by using the search feature located on this page. You can also discover tons of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links over on the main page. There’s no better time than right now to get started on a new accounting career!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Utah
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management - Accounting