Certified Public Accountants who acquire their license in Utah will place themselves among the highest paid accounting professionals in the state. The Utah Department of Workforce Services reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Utah was $60,000 in 2012. So whether you are currently employed as an accounting professional and are considering a return to school, or if you’re just at the beginning of your academic career, you should definitely consider enrollment in an accredited CPA program.
Utah CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The educational requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to vary from state to state, and this is true of Utah as well. So while you should prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to meet prior to taking a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- All potential CPA licensees are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college classes
- That the potential licensee will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the potential licensee will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is closely related to the field of accounting
The state of Utah also has a number of requirements that will differ greatly depending upon your field of study and whether or not you have completed a graduate or undergraduate degree. To read about the requirements for the state of Utah in greater detail you can visit the website of the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants. In addition to determining whether you have met the necessary educational requirements for the state, the site will also provide some great information and insights for accounting professionals working in Utah.
Getting Started Is Easy
To learn more about accredited CPA programs in the state of Utah you can get started by using the search feature located on this page. You can also discover tons of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links over on the main page. There’s no better time than right now to get started on a new accounting career!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Utah
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Accounting for Managers
- Ph.D. in Management - Accounting
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA Accounting
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting