Certified Public Accountants who obtain their certification in Vermont will soon find themselves among the best paid accounting professionals in the state. The Vermont Department of Labor reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Vermont was $61,900 in 2013. No matter if you are currently working as an accounting professional in Vermont and are considering returning to your studies, or if you’re just at the start of your academic career, you should most certainly consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program.
Vermont CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The certification requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to differ to some degree from state to state, and this is true of the state of Vermont as well. While you should always prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to have completed prior to sitting for a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- That all prospective CPA license holders are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the prospective CPA licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is close in relation to that of accounting
The state of Vermont also requires that:
- That the prospective CPA applicant be of good moral character
- That the prospective CPA applicant will have earned a minimum of 120 semester hours of general college level education with 30 semester hours in accounting and business including 6 semester hours of financial and/or managerial accounting (excluding Introductory Accounting), 3 semester hours of auditing, 3 semester hours of U.S. taxation, and 3 semester hours of U.S. business law
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for the state of Vermont, please visit the requirements page at the Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Vermont you can get started by using the search feature right on this page. You can also read through an abundance of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is just a few clicks away!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Vermont
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)