Certified Public Accountants who obtain their certification in Vermont will soon find themselves among the best paid accounting professionals in the state. The Vermont Department of Labor reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Vermont was $61,900 in 2013. No matter if you are currently working as an accounting professional in Vermont and are considering returning to your studies, or if you’re just at the start of your academic career, you should most certainly consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program.
Vermont CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The certification requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to differ to some degree from state to state, and this is true of the state of Vermont as well. While you should always prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to have completed prior to sitting for a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- That all prospective CPA license holders are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the prospective CPA licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is close in relation to that of accounting
The state of Vermont also requires that:
- That the prospective CPA applicant be of good moral character
- That the prospective CPA applicant will have earned a minimum of 120 semester hours of general college level education with 30 semester hours in accounting and business including 6 semester hours of financial and/or managerial accounting (excluding Introductory Accounting), 3 semester hours of auditing, 3 semester hours of U.S. taxation, and 3 semester hours of U.S. business law
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for the state of Vermont, please visit the requirements page at the Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Vermont you can get started by using the search feature right on this page. You can also read through an abundance of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is just a few clicks away!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Vermont
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- Accounting Systems Specialist - CERT