Certified Public Accountants who obtain their certification in Vermont will soon find themselves among the best paid accounting professionals in the state. The Vermont Department of Labor reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Vermont was $61,900 in 2013. No matter if you are currently working as an accounting professional in Vermont and are considering returning to your studies, or if you’re just at the start of your academic career, you should most certainly consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program.
Vermont CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The certification requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to differ to some degree from state to state, and this is true of the state of Vermont as well. While you should always prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to have completed prior to sitting for a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- That all prospective CPA license holders are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the prospective CPA licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is close in relation to that of accounting
The state of Vermont also requires that:
- That the prospective CPA applicant be of good moral character
- That the prospective CPA applicant will have earned a minimum of 120 semester hours of general college level education with 30 semester hours in accounting and business including 6 semester hours of financial and/or managerial accounting (excluding Introductory Accounting), 3 semester hours of auditing, 3 semester hours of U.S. taxation, and 3 semester hours of U.S. business law
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for the state of Vermont, please visit the requirements page at the Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Vermont you can get started by using the search feature right on this page. You can also read through an abundance of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is just a few clicks away!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Vermont
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)