Certified Public Accountants who obtain their certification in Vermont will soon find themselves among the best paid accounting professionals in the state. The Vermont Department of Labor reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Vermont was $61,900 in 2013. No matter if you are currently working as an accounting professional in Vermont and are considering returning to your studies, or if you’re just at the start of your academic career, you should most certainly consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program.
Vermont CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The certification requirements for Certified Public Accountants are going to differ to some degree from state to state, and this is true of the state of Vermont as well. While you should always prepare for the criteria specific to your home state, there is some fairly standard criteria that CPA’s everywhere will be expected to have completed prior to sitting for a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- That all prospective CPA license holders are expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting
- That during the course of this degree program, the prospective CPA licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam. This exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is close in relation to that of accounting
The state of Vermont also requires that:
- That the prospective CPA applicant be of good moral character
- That the prospective CPA applicant will have earned a minimum of 120 semester hours of general college level education with 30 semester hours in accounting and business including 6 semester hours of financial and/or managerial accounting (excluding Introductory Accounting), 3 semester hours of auditing, 3 semester hours of U.S. taxation, and 3 semester hours of U.S. business law
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for the state of Vermont, please visit the requirements page at the Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited CPA degree programs in the state of Vermont you can get started by using the search feature right on this page. You can also read through an abundance of great information about bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by looking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is just a few clicks away!
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Vermont
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...