Certified Public Accountants who complete their certification in the state of Washington will soon find their earnings ranked among the best-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Washington State Employment Security Department reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Washington was $66,900 in 2013. So whether you are currently working as an accounting professional in Washington State and are contemplating a return to your academic pursuits, or if you’re just at the start of your educational career, you will definitely want to consider enrolling in a CPA degree program.
Washington CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The certification requirements and demands for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state, and this will hold true for Washington as well. While it’s always essential to prepare for the criteria specific to your planned state and region of employment, there is some fairly standard criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to have achieved before they are allowed to sit for a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- That all future CPA license holders will be expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a major in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of that degree program, the future CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the future CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the future CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is similar to that of the field of accounting
The state of Washington also requires that:
- The CPA license applicant has completed at least one hundred fifty semester hours of college education, including a baccalaureate or higher degree
- The this degree includes an accounting concentration as defined as at least twenty-four semester hours or the equivalent in accounting subjects of which at least fifteen semester hours must be at the upper level or graduate level. For the purpose of meeting this subsection, individuals will be given 1.5 credits for each 1.0 graduate level credit of accounting courses taken
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of twenty-four semester hours or the equivalent in business administration subjects at the undergraduate or graduate level
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for Washington State, please visit state’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited Certified Public Accountant and Bookkeeping programs in Washington State you can quickly begin by using the search feature at the top of this page. You can also read through an assortment of useful information pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Washington
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Accounting
- A.S. in Accounting
- B.S. in Business Administration / Accounting
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)