Certified Public Accountants who complete their certification in the state of Washington will soon find their earnings ranked among the best-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Washington State Employment Security Department reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Washington was $66,900 in 2013. So whether you are currently working as an accounting professional in Washington State and are contemplating a return to your academic pursuits, or if you’re just at the start of your educational career, you will definitely want to consider enrolling in a CPA degree program.
Washington CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The certification requirements and demands for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state, and this will hold true for Washington as well. While it’s always essential to prepare for the criteria specific to your planned state and region of employment, there is some fairly standard criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to have achieved before they are allowed to sit for a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- That all future CPA license holders will be expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a major in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of that degree program, the future CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the future CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the future CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is similar to that of the field of accounting
The state of Washington also requires that:
- The CPA license applicant has completed at least one hundred fifty semester hours of college education, including a baccalaureate or higher degree
- The this degree includes an accounting concentration as defined as at least twenty-four semester hours or the equivalent in accounting subjects of which at least fifteen semester hours must be at the upper level or graduate level. For the purpose of meeting this subsection, individuals will be given 1.5 credits for each 1.0 graduate level credit of accounting courses taken
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of twenty-four semester hours or the equivalent in business administration subjects at the undergraduate or graduate level
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for Washington State, please visit state’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited Certified Public Accountant and Bookkeeping programs in Washington State you can quickly begin by using the search feature at the top of this page. You can also read through an assortment of useful information pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Washington
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- MA Accountancy - Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting