Certified Public Accountants who complete their certification in the state of Washington will soon find their earnings ranked among the best-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Washington State Employment Security Department reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Washington was $66,900 in 2013. So whether you are currently working as an accounting professional in Washington State and are contemplating a return to your academic pursuits, or if you’re just at the start of your educational career, you will definitely want to consider enrolling in a CPA degree program.
Washington CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The certification requirements and demands for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state, and this will hold true for Washington as well. While it’s always essential to prepare for the criteria specific to your planned state and region of employment, there is some fairly standard criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to have achieved before they are allowed to sit for a certification exam. These items will typically include:
- That all future CPA license holders will be expected to have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited university with a major in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of that degree program, the future CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 150 semester units of college coursework
- That the future CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the future CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is similar to that of the field of accounting
The state of Washington also requires that:
- The CPA license applicant has completed at least one hundred fifty semester hours of college education, including a baccalaureate or higher degree
- The this degree includes an accounting concentration as defined as at least twenty-four semester hours or the equivalent in accounting subjects of which at least fifteen semester hours must be at the upper level or graduate level. For the purpose of meeting this subsection, individuals will be given 1.5 credits for each 1.0 graduate level credit of accounting courses taken
- That the applicant has completed a minimum of twenty-four semester hours or the equivalent in business administration subjects at the undergraduate or graduate level
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for Washington State, please visit state’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited Certified Public Accountant and Bookkeeping programs in Washington State you can quickly begin by using the search feature at the top of this page. You can also read through an assortment of useful information pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started today?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Washington
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Accounting for Managers
- Ph.D. in Management - Accounting
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)