Certified Public Accountants who complete their certification in the state West Virginia will soon find their earnings have placed them among the best-paid accounting professionals in the state. The West Virginia Workforce Department of Economic and Labor Market Information reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in West Virginia was $52,000 in 2013. So whether you are currently working as an accounting professional in Washington State and are contemplating a return to your educational plans, or if you’re just at the beginning of your academic career, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program.
West Virginia CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The licensing requirements and educational demands for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state, and this will hold true for the state of West Virginia as well. So while it’s always essential to prepare for the criteria specific to your planned state and region of employment, there will be some fairly typical criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to have completed before they are allowed to sit for a licensing examination. These items will typically include:
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a major in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of this degree program, the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college classes
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year or 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is similar
The state of West Virginia also requires that:
- Any prospective applicant for licensure for the Uniform CPA Examination in West Virginia may sit for the examination with a baccalaureate degree and the completion of specific required courses at the upper-division baccalaureate and/or graduate levels at an accredited college or university
- The applicant must have completed at minimum the following required courses which are to include: 27 semester hours of accounting (excluding Principles of Accounting), 6 semester hours of business law, and 27 semester hours of business and related courses
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for West Virginia please visit the requirements page at the state’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited CPA degree and Bookkeeping Certification programs in West Virginia you can get started fast by using the search feature located right on this page. You can also read through a multitude of helpful posts and articles pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you. Getting started on finding the right school and program is just a few clicks away.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in West Virginia
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)