Certified Public Accountants who complete their certification in the state West Virginia will soon find their earnings have placed them among the best-paid accounting professionals in the state. The West Virginia Workforce Department of Economic and Labor Market Information reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in West Virginia was $52,000 in 2013. So whether you are currently working as an accounting professional in Washington State and are contemplating a return to your educational plans, or if you’re just at the beginning of your academic career, you might want to consider enrollment in an accredited CPA degree program.
West Virginia CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The licensing requirements and educational demands for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state, and this will hold true for the state of West Virginia as well. So while it’s always essential to prepare for the criteria specific to your planned state and region of employment, there will be some fairly typical criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to have completed before they are allowed to sit for a licensing examination. These items will typically include:
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a major in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of this degree program, the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college classes
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken and passed the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year or 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting or in a profession that is similar
The state of West Virginia also requires that:
- Any prospective applicant for licensure for the Uniform CPA Examination in West Virginia may sit for the examination with a baccalaureate degree and the completion of specific required courses at the upper-division baccalaureate and/or graduate levels at an accredited college or university
- The applicant must have completed at minimum the following required courses which are to include: 27 semester hours of accounting (excluding Principles of Accounting), 6 semester hours of business law, and 27 semester hours of business and related courses
To learn more about CPA licensing requirements for West Virginia please visit the requirements page at the state’s Board of Accountancy website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To discover more about accredited CPA degree and Bookkeeping Certification programs in West Virginia you can get started fast by using the search feature located right on this page. You can also read through a multitude of helpful posts and articles pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by simply clicking through the featured posts and sidebar links located on the main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you. Getting started on finding the right school and program is just a few clicks away.
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in West Virginia
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Accounting for Managers
- Ph.D. in Management - Accounting
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)