Certified Public Accountants who complete their licensing process in the state Wisconsin will soon find their earnings have positioned them among the highest-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Wisconsin was $60,100 in 2013. So whether you are already employed in an accounting job in Wisconsin and are considering a return to your studies, or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program.
Wisconsin CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The licensing requirements and necessary educational path for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state. This idea holds true for the state of Wisconsin. So while it’s important to prepare for the criteria specific to your envisioned state and region of employment, there will usually be some fairly typical criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to complete before they can sit for a licensing examination. These items will typically include:
- That the prospective licensee will have completed at minimum, an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of this program, the prospective licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants . The four parts are typically completed over a period of up to 18 months
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year or 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting
The state of Wisconsin also requires that a prospective licensee has met one of the following four criteria:
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree with a concentration in accounting from an accounting program or department that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree with a major in accounting from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant, has obtained the reasonable equivalent of an accounting concentration by having earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited educational institution
Additionally, many of these items will have additional requirements of certain coursework to be completed. You can read about these requirements in greater detail at the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree and Bookkeeping Certification programs in Wisconsin, you can get started quickly by using the search feature on this page. You can also read through a multitude of information-filled posts and articles pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by sorting through the featured posts and links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Wisconsin
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA Accountancy
- 100% online format, with no fixed class times, means you can earn your degree at your pace, on your schedule, while still working full-time.
- Monthly term starts and accelerated 8-week courses so that your ideal course schedule can fit around your other commitments.
- The B.S. in Business Management program draws from the areas management, marketing, operations, and finance.
- Through various case studies and discussions with your classmates and faculty, you will be able to apply the theories and best practices you are learning to real-world business situations.
- 84% of our faculty members hold terminal degrees. In addition to their academic training, instructors have years of experience working in their field
- Every instructor has been specially trained in the technology and teaching methods that work best in CSU-Global’s 100% online learning environment.
- Master - Professional Accounting
- Graduate Specialization - Accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting
- And more...