Certified Public Accountants who complete their licensing process in the state Wisconsin will soon find their earnings have positioned them among the highest-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Wisconsin was $60,100 in 2013. So whether you are already employed in an accounting job in Wisconsin and are considering a return to your studies, or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program.
Wisconsin CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The licensing requirements and necessary educational path for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state. This idea holds true for the state of Wisconsin. So while it’s important to prepare for the criteria specific to your envisioned state and region of employment, there will usually be some fairly typical criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to complete before they can sit for a licensing examination. These items will typically include:
- That the prospective licensee will have completed at minimum, an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of this program, the prospective licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants . The four parts are typically completed over a period of up to 18 months
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year or 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting
The state of Wisconsin also requires that a prospective licensee has met one of the following four criteria:
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree with a concentration in accounting from an accounting program or department that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree with a major in accounting from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant, has obtained the reasonable equivalent of an accounting concentration by having earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited educational institution
Additionally, many of these items will have additional requirements of certain coursework to be completed. You can read about these requirements in greater detail at the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree and Bookkeeping Certification programs in Wisconsin, you can get started quickly by using the search feature on this page. You can also read through a multitude of information-filled posts and articles pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by sorting through the featured posts and links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Wisconsin
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Accounting - Government Specialization
- AAS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)