Certified Public Accountants who complete their licensing process in the state Wisconsin will soon find their earnings have positioned them among the highest-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Wisconsin was $60,100 in 2013. So whether you are already employed in an accounting job in Wisconsin and are considering a return to your studies, or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program.
Wisconsin CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The licensing requirements and necessary educational path for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state. This idea holds true for the state of Wisconsin. So while it’s important to prepare for the criteria specific to your envisioned state and region of employment, there will usually be some fairly typical criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to complete before they can sit for a licensing examination. These items will typically include:
- That the prospective licensee will have completed at minimum, an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of this program, the prospective licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants . The four parts are typically completed over a period of up to 18 months
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year or 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting
The state of Wisconsin also requires that a prospective licensee has met one of the following four criteria:
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree with a concentration in accounting from an accounting program or department that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree with a major in accounting from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant, has obtained the reasonable equivalent of an accounting concentration by having earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited educational institution
Additionally, many of these items will have additional requirements of certain coursework to be completed. You can read about these requirements in greater detail at the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree and Bookkeeping Certification programs in Wisconsin, you can get started quickly by using the search feature on this page. You can also read through a multitude of information-filled posts and articles pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by sorting through the featured posts and links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Wisconsin
- Payroll Clerk
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting