Certified Public Accountants who complete their licensing process in the state Wisconsin will soon find their earnings have positioned them among the highest-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Wisconsin was $60,100 in 2013. So whether you are already employed in an accounting job in Wisconsin and are considering a return to your studies, or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program.
Wisconsin CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The licensing requirements and necessary educational path for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state. This idea holds true for the state of Wisconsin. So while it’s important to prepare for the criteria specific to your envisioned state and region of employment, there will usually be some fairly typical criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to complete before they can sit for a licensing examination. These items will typically include:
- That the prospective licensee will have completed at minimum, an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of this program, the prospective licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants . The four parts are typically completed over a period of up to 18 months
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year or 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting
The state of Wisconsin also requires that a prospective licensee has met one of the following four criteria:
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree with a concentration in accounting from an accounting program or department that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree with a major in accounting from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant, has obtained the reasonable equivalent of an accounting concentration by having earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited educational institution
Additionally, many of these items will have additional requirements of certain coursework to be completed. You can read about these requirements in greater detail at the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree and Bookkeeping Certification programs in Wisconsin, you can get started quickly by using the search feature on this page. You can also read through a multitude of information-filled posts and articles pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by sorting through the featured posts and links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Wisconsin
- Payroll Clerk
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- BS in Accounting - Managerial Accountancy
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting - Tax Specialization
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting