Certified Public Accountants who complete their licensing process in the state Wisconsin will soon find their earnings have positioned them among the highest-paid accounting professionals in the state. The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development reported that the median salary for Certified Public Accountants in Wisconsin was $60,100 in 2013. So whether you are already employed in an accounting job in Wisconsin and are considering a return to your studies, or if you’re just getting started on your academic career, you might want to consider enrolling in an accredited CPA program.
Wisconsin CPA Licensing Requirements – An Inside Look
The licensing requirements and necessary educational path for Certified Public Accountants are always going to look a little different from state to state. This idea holds true for the state of Wisconsin. So while it’s important to prepare for the criteria specific to your envisioned state and region of employment, there will usually be some fairly typical criteria that Certified Public Accountants everywhere will be expected to complete before they can sit for a licensing examination. These items will typically include:
- That the prospective licensee will have completed at minimum, an undergraduate degree program from an accredited institution with a concentration in the area of accounting or a closely related concentration
- That during the completion of this program, the prospective licensee will have completed a minimum of 150 semester hours of college coursework
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have taken the four-part Uniform CPA Exam which is offered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants . The four parts are typically completed over a period of up to 18 months
- That the prospective CPA license holder will have completed a minimum of one year or 2000 hours of relatable work experience in the field of accounting
The state of Wisconsin also requires that a prospective licensee has met one of the following four criteria:
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree with a concentration in accounting from an accounting program or department that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a graduate degree from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant has earned a baccalaureate degree with a major in accounting from a business school or college of business that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the board
- That the applicant, has obtained the reasonable equivalent of an accounting concentration by having earned a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited educational institution
Additionally, many of these items will have additional requirements of certain coursework to be completed. You can read about these requirements in greater detail at the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants website.
Getting Started Is Easy
To find out more about CPA degree and Bookkeeping Certification programs in Wisconsin, you can get started quickly by using the search feature on this page. You can also read through a multitude of information-filled posts and articles pertaining to bookkeeping and accounting careers and classes by sorting through the featured posts and links located on our main page. A new career in the field of accounting is waiting for you so why not get started?
CPA and Bookkeeping Certification in Wisconsin
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.B.A. in Accounting for Managers
- Ph.D. in Management - Accounting
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Accounting (BS to MS)
- Accounting (MS)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
- M.B.A.: Accounting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Accounting
- MBA - Accounting
- DBA in Accounting
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)